OP biktor_gj

23rd April 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #691  
Thanks Meter: 15

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

donpromillo,

Are you sure you can do this without network? I'm pretty sure this is not possible. Maybe you had Wifi and 3G disabled. But you say you were snooping the USB connection while you were making a backup. At that moment, the phone uses your PC to get an internet connection too. :P

So if you really want to test if all info is on the device, you should also disconnect your pc from the internet. If you have your phone in airplane mode and your pc has both wifi and ethernet disabled, you will probably get an error if you try to make a backup.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Hi Heathcliff74

you are correct, I forgot to disable the wlan on phone, so at the start of WP7EaSYbackup, it was able to connect to MSFT. If I disable all, even 3g/2G Connections, then Easybackup stopps working, in the logfile you can see that it could not connect to the updateserver. Nevertheless, I'll investigate soon, what the Updateprocess is talking to MSFT.

Regards

Donpromillo
The Following User Says Thank You to donpromillo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #692  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 101

388 posts
Donate to Me
More
i use the "Wp7EasyBackup" which backs up all data in the phone except zune sync, helps though!
23rd April 2012, 11:59 AM   |  #693  
Thanks Meter: 15

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpromillo

Hi Heathcliff74

Nevertheless, I'll investigate soon, what the Updateprocess is talking to MSFT.

Now I'm a little bit confused. I sniffed the network traffic from my pc when backup of my wp7 runs (phone is in Airplan-mode, only PC is connect to network, wp7easybackup as backupprogram).
2 things I see so far:
1. if my pc is fresh rebooted, then the only traffic to ms is retrieving revocation lists, but this request are made after the phone reboots in backup mode and before the icon with the phone and the pc is shown and the backup itself has started. In the whole session there was no https traffic, all request are plain http. No traffic is sniffed before the WP7EasyBackup boots the phone. On the other hand, if I disable all network connections (phone and pc), I get the error, that update servers could not be connected, before the phone reboots
2. If I repeat the backup process without rebooting the pc, no crl-requests are send and no other traffic other then local network and broadcast are sniffed.

Can somebody confirm this? If it is true, then there is no private key certificate from MS involved, and then the encryption parameters (either private key or secret) must be on the phone.

Regards

DonPromillo
The Following User Says Thank You to donpromillo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #694  
London
Thanks Meter: 12

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary

So, I've built ROM's for the Samsung Focus and for the HTC HD2. Both of these have flashing tools to allow us to flash the fancy new ROM's we built to our phones. If we have the unlocked bootloader can't we just rebuild the esco and flash that with QPST? Or is there something I am missing? Building the Lumia ROM in OSBuilder seems to be the same as other devices. So if I just take the .nb that is built and rename it boot.img then add that to a zip and then rename that zip bla_bla_rom.esco will that not work? Or is there something more? Does the Qualcomm bootloader still need signed files of some sort? I ask this becuase if we can do it this way then we won't have the Live services activation issues as well ass the other odd problems plus it is just way more end user friendly.

I am not sure if that would work, maybe someone could give it a shot, but ultrashot posted a small little app that bypasses the Live activation problem

Quote:

Btw, here is my DppImplant app.
Implants DPP partition with your stock Live Id to a custom rom.
Usage:
1) Put backup of the biggest partition to the folder with DppImplant.exe and call it "stock.nb"
2) Put "os-new.nb" there - target firmware in which you want to see your old Live Id.
3) Open DppImplant.exe. It will extract DPP from stock.nb and create mydpp.bin file. (After that you won't really need to have stock.nb in that folder).
"os-new.nb" will be patched.
4) Done.

P.S. if you open DPP using Notepad or any hex editor, you'll see saved Live Id.

23rd April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #695  
Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2,043

1,478 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy

I am not sure if that would work, maybe someone could give it a shot, but ultrashot posted a small little app that bypasses the Live activation problem

it was tested before posting and it definitely works
23rd April 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #696  
London

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrashot

it was tested before posting and it definitely works

Was talking about the app Was talking about the method with QPST, but if that also works then that's grand!
23rd April 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #697  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235

665 posts
HeathCliff, Im trying (hard) to run native executables in system mode. Im trying to make haret run in system mode to be able to run telnetd and do some hardware digging. So far I was able to autorun it when the phone boots, got to replace the search button to be another start button (i think you can get four or five touch buttons if you want) but I cant find a way to run the damn thing with permissions. I know you were looking into it to code into your root tools, but I was wondering, do you know anyway to patch it somehow on the registry, or on policies db, just to make it work, at least once? I need to find mddi regs and gpio config for this phone...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Last edited by biktor_gj; 23rd April 2012 at 10:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to biktor_gj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #698  
Thanks Meter: 7

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshowman

I'll second this question too.
I also do have a north American version (dubbed as RM-809) and when I tried the bootloader upgrade, it failed - so I panicked and didn't try again.

Maybe you already have the Qualcomm bootloader and that's why the update process failed?

I have the RM-809 from Rogers, and I'm running the Indian RM-803 ROM. Now I have the Qualcomm bootloader, so I'm no longer able to update through NCS.

Any updates on what voluptuary mentioned on the previous page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary

So, I've built ROM's for the Samsung Focus and for the HTC HD2. Both of these have flashing tools to allow us to flash the fancy new ROM's we built to our phones. If we have the unlocked bootloader can't we just rebuild the esco and flash that with QPST? Or is there something I am missing? Building the Lumia ROM in OSBuilder seems to be the same as other devices. So if I just take the .nb that is built and rename it boot.img then add that to a zip and then rename that zip bla_bla_rom.esco will that not work? Or is there something more? Does the Qualcomm bootloader still need signed files of some sort? I ask this becuase if we can do it this way then we won't have the Live services activation issues as well ass the other odd problems plus it is just way more end user friendly.

Last edited by Faruk88; 24th April 2012 at 04:17 AM.
24th April 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #699  
London

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faruk88

Maybe you already have the Qualcomm bootloader and that's why the update process failed?

I have the RM-809 from Rogers, and I'm running the Indian RM-803 ROM. Now I have the Qualcomm bootloader, so I'm no longer able to update through NCS.

Any updates on what voluptuary mentioned on the previous page?

I could give it a shot, but I cant even get my partitions backed up.. Tried dd /dev/sdX1,2,3,4 to a folder of my liking, but for some reason nothing is 'stored' in those folders..

Also, another concern I have is that I've noticed people cant flash using NCS after custom ROM, whereas was this possible on normal ROM (with Qualcomm bootloader) beforehand?
24th April 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #700  
Thanks Meter: 42

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy

I could give it a shot, but I cant even get my partitions backed up.. Tried dd /dev/sdX1,2,3,4 to a folder of my liking, but for some reason nothing is 'stored' in those folders..

Also, another concern I have is that I've noticed people cant flash using NCS after custom ROM, whereas was this possible on normal ROM (with Qualcomm bootloader) beforehand?

As far as I know, NCS refuses to flash phones with the Qualcomm loader, it only flashs if your phone has Nokia DLOAD. Not entirely sure though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bootloader, full unlock, interopunlock, nand
Previous Thread Next Thread