FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Cant get Vibrant to start help plz!

1,623 posts
Thanks Meter: 107

By Jasonhunterx, Senior Member on 20th February 2012, 02:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th April 2012, 10:09 AM |#11  
Flag Canton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Do what I did, sell it to someone as a wifi hotspot and buy yourself a hercules. You'll never look back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

16th April 2012, 03:35 PM |#12  
Flag Saratoga Springs
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
BUMP
BUMP!
I have had a paper weight for three weeks now because of this partition issue.
there has to be a way to fix this.
17th April 2012, 05:39 AM |#13  
Flag Meycauayan
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstas

BUMP!
I have had a paper weight for three weeks now because of this partition issue.
there has to be a way to fix this.

Try this one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580902

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk 2
17th April 2012, 01:00 PM |#14  
Moderator Liaison & RC/RT Committee - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 11,896

More
Webstas- Just out of curiousity, were you trying to mount your phone to your computer while on ICs when this happened? I have a theory that I believe I know why this is happening. Just need you to see if you remember a few weeks ago and if you had any problems mounting to your PC and then your next reboot you got the Ecnryption Error.
23rd April 2012, 02:26 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrube

Webstas- Just out of curiousity, were you trying to mount your phone to your computer while on ICs when this happened? I have a theory that I believe I know why this is happening. Just need you to see if you remember a few weeks ago and if you had any problems mounting to your PC and then your next reboot you got the Ecnryption Error.

no i got up an took a shower then came back it gave me an encryption error then i odin back an more trouble odined a couple more times an now it boot loop an also wont start with eugenes froyo
23rd April 2012, 12:59 PM |#16  
Moderator Liaison & RC/RT Committee - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 11,896

More
I know it has been awhile but think back. Were you mounted to your PC at anytime between your last reboot and the Encryption Error? Doesn't have to be right before, the error gets throw on your "next" reboot. And as you know, reboots can happen manually or for something as simple as wrong UV settings.

Looking back in this thread, I saw that you got it to boot up. See if you can do that again and then mount your External via ADB and you should to push the proper commands then. Pretty much your internal is hosed, but me and a few others are working on that too.
23rd April 2012, 03:43 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartford

More
Unhappy
Can't get it to boot it makes it to Vibrant screen an shut off an on Eugene"s froyo it gives me a couple of errors an I just can't get it to start anymore it there anyone who has encountered this an got it fixed like I really need this fix I am using a blackberry please save me
26th April 2012, 10:58 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartford

More
YAY
I got it fixed but now im on step 13 of that guide where you have to use ADB an i cant get the phone to show up on my PC what drivers do i need i already have Vibrant drivers but still nothing an the usb works its a samsung USB so can anyone help me with ADB
9th May 2012, 02:26 PM |#19  
Flag Winter Park
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I am having a similar problem. Was running ICS 4.0.3 w/Euphoria without issue until this morning. Got a couple of errors after a normal recharge. Pulled battery and rebooted, but is stuck in boot loop. Cannot access either recovery or fastboot screen. Vibrant logo flashes and release buttons, but never enters mode. Then cycles to Android screen and would likely stay there until battery died. This is primary phone and need to put back into service quickly. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JIM in FLA
10th May 2012, 03:18 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartford

More
Go back to stock 2.1

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
12th May 2012, 12:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
well in some days i'll post a full tutorial but here a trick for you to use:
Find a rom (google for it,i've done it only on a i9000b rom) that have an recovery mode recognized by adb and HAVE ROOT.

***search on google for 'fdisk' commands first***

You MUST* remake your partition table manually,so the phone have the /data partition back to boot.

YOU SDCARD MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING PARTITION TO BOOT ON AND RECOGNIZE INTERNAL SDCARD:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
AND
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

run adb shell

su

fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0

p (you should see your partition table,POST HERE BEFORE CONTINUING)

YOU ARE NOW ABOUT TO REMAKE YOUR PARTITIONS:
partition 1 will correspond to mmcblk0p1(SDcard) and partition 2 will correspond to mmcblk0p2 (DATA)

**DO ONLY AS I SAY HERE, UNLESS YOU MAY GOT I/O ERROR ON YOUR SDCARD AND ITS ALL OVER. I say because it happened to me and i had to dissolder the internal sdcard an use only the external.**

**********IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY IDEA OF LINUX COMANDS: DO NOT PROCEED !!!!!!!!!*************
tap on adb:

n (will create a new partition)

1 (partition number)

press enter on keyboard so it selects the first block
get a calculator and estimate the size of the partition 1.IT MUST HAVE around 2GB left.

write the block number you got in calculator(BE SURE OF WHAT YOU TAPE HERE)

t

b (partition 1 is done and formatted as fat 32)

Now again:

n

enter on keyboard

enter again so it select the last block

(DO NOT TYPE COMMAND "T" FOR PARTITION 2, IT BY DEFAULT SET TO LINUX EXT FORMAT)

p (you will see you new partition table)
****IT MUST HAVE 2 partitions, partition 1 is in fat 32 format and partition 2 is in linux format(AND MUST HAVE AROUND 2GB)****

w (IT WILL WRITE YOU NEW PARTITION TABLE ON YOU SDCARD,SO BE SURE IT's ALL CORRECT)

Done,
now tap:

q

fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0

p (you should see your new partition table, if ok reboot your phone, flash an stock rom for vibrant,root it,backup it,and enjoy.)

In some cases you can use gparted to do this, without doing it manually,
you shoud only mount mmcblk0 before.

you can run this command line on adb shell to mount it:

echo /dev/block/mmcblk0 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-usbgadget/gadget/lun1/file

I'll connect on XDA again tomorrow at about 3:00 pm in Brazil (-3:00GMT)

***In any doubts ask for me in this post (NOT PM) and wait for me or any developer that knows about it to help you.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread