Post Reply

[ROM] Froyo Cream Sandwich (AOSP and FroyobyLaszlo) (2012-04-17)

OP DorianX

21st April 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #151  
ATZ-007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 257
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Keep getting "Low on space" message

FBL rom on G1 with 16gb Micro SD card, 1GB EXT and installed about 17 apps.

Mose larg apps are on EXT and I'm sure that's not taking full 1GB EXT.

+ unable to receit text due to low memory issue

Any advice on what I should do to resolve this?

Sent from my HTC Dream
Last edited by ATZ-007; 22nd April 2012 at 01:36 AM.
23rd April 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #152  
DorianX's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 337
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATZ-007

Keep getting "Low on space" message

FBL rom on G1 with 16gb Micro SD card, 1GB EXT and installed about 17 apps.

Mose larg apps are on EXT and I'm sure that's not taking full 1GB EXT.

+ unable to receit text due to low memory issue

Any advice on what I should do to resolve this?

Sent from my HTC Dream

I post this some time ago on FBL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianX

You should try "Firerat 'all in one' patch" options: 2,4,10 to move dalvik-cache to sd-ext also to "increase" internal memory: "Firerat custom MTD Partitions" "mtdpartmap.txt 75 2"

and maybe option 11 on all in one patch, use it at your own risk!
The Following User Says Thank You to DorianX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #153  
askrulous's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
After a few days using icsfbl i have to say thanks again for making the decision to theme fbl.The ease of install coupled with froyo/fbl features make for a very useable phone but with your theme on top its just superb. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
24th April 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #154  
DorianX's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 337
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by askrulous

After a few days using icsfbl i have to say thanks again for making the decision to theme fbl.The ease of install coupled with froyo/fbl features make for a very useable phone but with your theme on top its just superb. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

I'm glad you like this theme/rom
24th April 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #155  
ATZ-007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 257
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Any suggestion how to improve battery life on this rom (fbl)?

I am not expect much but 55% in a night on standby alone, I think it's too much!

P.S. I must say, this has to be the best rom I have ever used on my G1. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my HTC Dream
Last edited by ATZ-007; 24th April 2012 at 08:12 AM.
24th April 2012, 08:47 AM   |  #156  
askrulous's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATZ-007

Any suggestion how to improve battery life on this rom (fbl)?

I am not expect much but 55% in a night on standby alone, I think it's too much!

P.S. I must say, this has to be the best rom I have ever used on my G1. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my HTC Dream

Not great here either......
Apparently fbl originally had a battery drain bug so a farmatito or ezterry froyo kernel might help. Check out posts on the fbl thread.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
24th April 2012, 09:46 AM   |  #157  
DorianX's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 337
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATZ-007

Any suggestion how to improve battery life on this rom (fbl)?

I am not expect much but 55% in a night on standby alone, I think it's too much!

P.S. I must say, this has to be the best rom I have ever used on my G1. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my HTC Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by askrulous

Not great here either......
Apparently fbl originally had a battery drain bug so a farmatito or ezterry froyo kernel might help. Check out posts on the fbl thread.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

Yep FBL has that issue... For battery life I recommend woCPU version and ezterry or formatito kernel, you should wipe battery stats
Last edited by DorianX; 24th April 2012 at 09:57 AM.
24th April 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #158  
ATZ-007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 257
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by askrulous

Not great here either......
Apparently fbl originally had a battery drain bug so a farmatito or ezterry froyo kernel might help. Check out posts on the fbl thread.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianX

Yep FBL has that issue... For battery life I recommend woCPU version and ezterry or formatito kernel, you should wipe battery stats


Thanks guys,

Cant do much now as I am at work.

Anyway I was thinking of
1. Banking-up everything using recovery
2. Backing-up contents of SD Card to my computer
3. Increase EXT4 partition to 1.5GB (from 1GB) using “MiniTool partition
wizard professional edition”
4. Transfer SD Card backup back on to the SD card
5. On phone’s recovery, restore everything.
6. Flash ezterry kernel 1.5.2 from OP

Do you guys see any problem with what I am planning to do?
Last edited by ATZ-007; 24th April 2012 at 11:54 AM.
24th April 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #159  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,865
 
5,976 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
youll be fine, but that would be one huge ext4 partition, not sure where the benefit in that is
24th April 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #160  
ATZ-007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 257
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

youll be fine, but that would be one huge ext4 partition, not sure where the benefit in that is

Because I was getting low space / storage message
Last edited by ATZ-007; 24th April 2012 at 07:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes