Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

question on video recording

23rd April 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunkirk, NY
Thanks Meter: 17

190 posts
More
Soooo my friend has the droid razor and we recently went to a EDM show where we were pretty close to the stage. His razor has a setting in the video menu that was "concert"... it seemed to have helped out on the recorded sound not being some muffled. Can anyone tell me if this phone has settings like that for video recording, would be greatly appreciated!
23rd April 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

536 posts
whoa, so the sound of loud music is bad on this phone in videos? i went to WMC Miami a few years ago and took all of these videos with the phone i had at the time, then when i got home i found out how bad the sound was and couldn't keep them. i was going to test mine when it came with my basement setup, but if you say it's bad then i can't bother with getting it.

EDIT: it doesn't matter. i will find out myself. i need something to use until something better comes out, so if i don't like it then i will sell it to someone on here in the marketplace.
Last edited by brent8577; 23rd April 2012 at 02:49 AM.
23rd April 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunkirk, NY

190 posts
More
Haha no I'm simply asking if someone can tell me if this phone has that "concert" style video setting. My Vivid takes amazing sounding videos at live shows, but this setting on the razor seemed to help. So I'm just wondering if the One might have a setting like this??

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackman716

Haha no I'm simply asking if someone can tell me if this phone has that "concert" style video setting. My Vivid takes amazing sounding videos at live shows, but this setting on the razor seemed to help. So I'm just wondering if the One might have a setting like this??

i found another thread about the video sound quality and everyone in it says all HTC phones have terrible video sound and there are never any fixes or options for it. i checked ocean/wind video on youtube and it makes a lot of scratchy sounds when the wind blows in the mic. it's June until the next phone i would want is out, so i'm jumping on this because i sold my GS II a month ago. i would look for something else or get a separate camera for videos of music if i were you and you don't want to lose money reselling it.
23rd April 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunkirk, NY

190 posts
More
See my Vivid has taken some amazing videos with great sound in some venues... Some times not so much

23rd April 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 332

1,720 posts
More
It's probably the noise cancellation mic that is screwing your audio in noisy environments. No way to turn it off though /:
23rd April 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #7  
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 274

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try using a app like LGcamera, that seemed to help me a LITTLE when I went to see Rammstein
23rd April 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunkirk, NY

190 posts
More
That's a shame if they didn't put any kind of settings or "scenes" for video recording.

This is a video taken on the razor and the speakers literally 15ft from me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4whO...e_gdata_player

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread