Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT][OUTDATED] How to Root your G9, Enable SDE, and Optimize

Tip us?

Shano56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matenlee View Post
Those links are not working anymore :/ Could someone make them work. Getting device tomorrow and would be nice to put fixes right on it when i get it

Maybe not right place to ask, but do you know will nokia RD-13 work with this device?

[Offtopic] What are these things called what you use to get 3g to device and you put sim on it. Just know my own language word but not the english word. Is it 3g-modem or something like that?[Offtopic]

which links?

Not sure about the nokia

It's called a 3g stick and only available in europe. you can find it on google or archos website. search "g9 3g stick"
LG Nexus 5

Matenlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Step 2: "
When finished, please download ICS_405.zip (thanks surdu!) and drive_405.zip (thanks surdu!) to your PC"

those two links not working. Why dont you upload to drop box or something like that where links work with no waiting time etc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1456875

There is not working links too in first guide but i think i must to put message to other guy who has started that topic.

Shano56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 548
Those links are working for me. I have no dropbox account, I could upload to media fire if surdu wouldn't mind.
LG Nexus 5

donovan1914
Old
(Last edited by donovan1914; 27th April 2012 at 09:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help Please

I followed all the steps and everything seemed like it worked but when I boot my system back up I dont have my 250gb storage but its reduced to 500mb. I just got the 101 g9 with the 4.0.5 from factory.

Actualy I see my internal storage 1.5gb with 500 in use but the external hdd is missing. I do have root now.

Shano56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 548
okay guys I added tutorial for preroot and enable sde. I plan on adding instructions to add adb to system variables as well as a my own guide for adb drivers, and maybe some more, however the guide should be good to go for now
LG Nexus 5

tombrown29
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

Many thanks. I am new to android, followed the steps and now my 80g9 is rooted and works fine with the ICS 4.0.5. I did it especially to use firewall.

I still have 2 questions:

1- Can I delete now the archos.ext4.update file from the deveice or I must leave it ?

2- In case I make a Full reinitialization in settings>repair and formatting...I will still have the root access ?

thank you

Matenlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
All my problems what i had was that i had to copy all the files to folder where is Adb or it didint work.

Easiest way to get this work is to copy in that first step the folder inside the android folder to C:\ and have C:\android-sdk

Shano56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 548
hi guys I have added a FAQ to the bottom of post #1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post23511063

next step I will add is how to add adb to enviroment variables
LG Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Shano56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BobFrappels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Many Thanks! I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm. I did end up with the looping reboots at one point, but the FAQ showed me how to recover. Thank you so much!

Shano56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFrappels View Post
Many Thanks! I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm. I did end up with the looping reboots at one point, but the FAQ showed me how to recover. Thank you so much!
Glad we could help you get it working!
LG Nexus 5