Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

stolen TP in Jamaica looking for some help

OP Realistpm

23rd April 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

94 posts
First day on vacation and our laptop and touchpad was stolen. Was wondering if I can remote install security on it to find it, lock it, use the camera or wipe it. Don't remember exactly which build is on it but it's an April ics nightly.

And yes, I'm an idiot for not having that stuff on before vacation but I'm trusting. Never again.

Have an appointment with head of security in the morning but I doubt anything will get resolved.

Please list options. If any. Thank you.
23rd April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Canton - Michigan
Thanks Meter: 65

735 posts
Donate to Me
More
not sure what apps you could install but if it's on and has a network connection you could always push apps from the Android market to the device

https://play.google.com/store

not much help I know but it's at least a start....
23rd April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 229

786 posts
More
You could try installing this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...YnMucGxhbmIiXQ..

Its a find my phone/tablet solution that is intended to be installed after you lose the tablet. Since the Touchpad is wifi only, I wouldnt count on it unless you had the wifi set to never sleep, whoever took it never turned it off or rebooted to webOS, and it happened to be near wifi. But you never know, might get lucky.
24th April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag College Station
Thanks Meter: 40

301 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistpm

First day on vacation and our laptop and touchpad was stolen. Was wondering if I can remote install security on it to find it, lock it, use the camera or wipe it. Don't remember exactly which build is on it but it's an April ics nightly.

And yes, I'm an idiot for not having that stuff on before vacation but I'm trusting. Never again.

Have an appointment with head of security in the morning but I doubt anything will get resolved.

Please list options. If any. Thank you.

Dude sorry that happened to you. I am from Jamaica and am embarrassed. Was it stolen from your hotel room?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
24th April 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 150

1,209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotokun

You could try installing this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...YnMucGxhbmIiXQ..

Its a find my phone/tablet solution that is intended to be installed after you lose the tablet. Since the Touchpad is wifi only, I wouldnt count on it unless you had the wifi set to never sleep, whoever took it never turned it off or rebooted to webOS, and it happened to be near wifi. But you never know, might get lucky.

If the thief is very dumb (he probably is), he may have a chance. Hopefully his battery didn't die.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life0099

If the thief is very dumb (he probably is), he may have a chance. Hopefully his battery didn't die.

Edit: just remembered our TP's do not have GPS which is going to decrease your chance of finding it.
24th April 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyrogers

Dude sorry that happened to you. I am from Jamaica and am embarrassed. Was it stolen from your hotel room?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Correct, right out of our room. We were here about 4 hours.

Plan B works on GPS. Or did I read it wrong? Sorry, been limited time online as our phone chargers were stolen with the laptop bag and have only been able to get a little charge here and there from a friendly random person trying to help out. our phones haven't been being full charges.
24th April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

94 posts
Is there something out there that I can download when it connects to wifi again that would lock it up?
24th April 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #8  
Flag CA, USA
Thanks Meter: 33

381 posts
More
Wow, I am with you...I had a tp "stolen" recently as well in the great old usa. Placed an ad on craigslist. Sold it really fast. However, whe I got to the bank to deposit the $250, I was informed all of the 20's were counterfeit! I did make a police report and bank report...
24th April 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

94 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosystreasures

Wow, I am with you...I had a tp "stolen" recently as well in the great old usa. Placed an ad on craigslist. Sold it really fast. However, whe I got to the bank to deposit the $250, I was informed all of the 20's were counterfeit! I did make a police report and bank report...

There are Aholes everywhere. I'm not trying to single out the country, just point out my situation. We are here until sat night. Just doing what I can before we leave. with limited internet access and help.
25th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 40

442 posts
Sorry man Its probably getting traded for some weed as we speak

HP Touchpad - CM9

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread