Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] External keyboard on CM7 Alpha

Tip us?

nikolayds
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] External keyboard on CM7 Alpha

Hi,

I am trying to connect an external keyboard, through micro-usb connector to the Nook Tablet, running CM7 Alpha.
On Nook Color, we have an app 'Nook Color Tweak' on Google Market, but it asks for a different kernel. Do we have anything similar for Nook Tablet with 'CM7 Alpha final' ?

Any idea, do I have to recompile a new kernel in order to deploy and connect the keyboard?

legendarymodder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=nikolayds;25014975]Hi,

I am trying to connect an external keyboard, through micro-usb connector to the Nook Tablet, running CM7 Alpha.
On Nook Color, we have an app 'Nook Color Tweak' on Google Market, but it asks for a different kernel. Do we have anything similar for Nook Tablet with 'CM7 Alpha final' ?

Any idea, do I have to recompile a new kernel in order to deploy and connect the keyboard?[/QUOTE,

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

From my understanding we need usb host support.

Usb host support will probably be implemented after kernel 3.0 is out and all the bugs are gone. With this we can do just about anything with our tablets, external hdd, bluetooth and gaming controllers. kernel 3.0 is very close to completion.

One more thing if running cm7 thumb keyboard is a good keyboard while you wait for usb host.