Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So long One V!

Tip us?

bahubali67
Old
Thanks Meter 18
My device heats a lot during charging. Is that big issue???

Sent from my HTC One V

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
i'm not able to really quite explain what i meant by bands of light. you must have checked out the other thread about the yellow spots right? yeah quite similar to those.

i wouldn't say picky, but when htc themselves admit to their customers that they screwed up with some stuff, i'd rather go get something more solid and stable. that's just me though

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Heat isn't good for it, but it's common for lith ion batteries to get hot when charging. My Galaxy Tab 8.9 gets pretty hot too. Haven't checked the One V yet.

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahubali67 View Post
My device heats a lot during charging. Is that big issue???

Sent from my HTC One V
well i had a bit of heating as well, but not a lot. probably cuz of the body that it would conduct a bit of heat, i guess it's not a big issue unless yours is pretty much sizzling :P xD

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAaShAy View Post
i'm not able to really quite explain what i meant by bands of light. you must have checked out the other thread about the yellow spots right? yeah quite similar to those.
That to me is the only realistic problem, which my phone doesn't have at all.

The light leak is really no big deal. Neither is the signal strength issue. Side-by-side with my Wildfire S the One V always has equal or better signal and I've never dropped a call with the Wildfire here in Cambodia or Thailand. Where you dropping calls?

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
My earlier unit didn't have it at all but this one did. And the light leak is intensr, u can see it very very clearly, coming from sort of under the screen, even in normal view. I'd post a to show what I really mean but don't have it anymore now..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

CafeKampuchia
Old
(Last edited by CafeKampuchia; 23rd April 2012 at 03:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAaShAy View Post
and yeah another thing was the grip. it would lose signal when held in certain positions! one minute it loses signal, the next minute i keep it on a table by it's own, full strength.
gsmarena.com posted their review a couple days ago and had quite the opposite experience:

Quote:
Connectivity suffers no death grip

We tested the phone for death-grip and we didn't find any problems - Wi-Fi signal drops if you completely cover the top plastic panel on the back, but the reception still remains quite strong. Cell signal didn't budge.
I don't notice this either, and as I said before, it's signal reception is better than my Wildfire S so I'm quite happy. The WFS has never dropped a call and I doubt my One V will either.

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
yeah well like i said, maybe it's just my tough luck, right? hey, don't get me wrong with the issues, i absolutely love the One V!

bharat.utd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello can someone please help me... Whenever I am calling or disconnecting the phone ... The phone starts blinking with a red background also there are some yellow spots on the screen... Can I get it replaced??

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

Android311
Old
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.utd View Post
Hello can someone please help me... Whenever I am calling or disconnecting the phone ... The phone starts blinking with a red background also there are some yellow spots on the screen... Can I get it replaced??

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA
Get a new one if its underwarranty

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe