[RECOVERY] 4EXT Touch 1.0.0.5 RC5 by MadMaxx82 [06/12/12]

Search This thread

madmaxx82

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net
Build 59 is now online.

When you install it, you will be asked whether you are s-on or not. Recovery will then be configured correctly to use or not to use SmartFlash.
Or change the setting manually later on in recovery settings.

rbaruch

Dec 17, 2011
Honestly Maxx you're the ****ing man. I love how you keep the App so updated and really pay attention to peoples problems and set out to fixing it right away (with glacierguy ofc :p)

Will donate as soon as I get a job. You deserve more than just the App's price.

Reactions: madmaxx82
G

glacierguy

He's a beast! His work hours are insane

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

madmaxx82

Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net

hyperkamote

Aug 28, 2009
Binan
Maxx,, any port/or is 4ext for the mt4g is/or possible on the mt4g slide?? Or it is a new recovery for the device..

By the way your 4ext is awesome as fck! Nice to hear our community in amaze is getting better and awesome..

Last edited:

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
i am updated to latest and wen i flash a rom my phone bootloops to the htc white screen.can anyone help me with this?

G

glacierguy

i am updated to latest and wen i flash a rom my phone bootloops to the htc white screen.can anyone help me with this?

As I said in your other post, from recovery go to Wipe>Format all partitions (except sd) then install rom.zip from sd card. Make sure SmartFlash is enabled. Read OP about that.

I see your other post says you've done that, but I don't think you did. It works fine for me :D

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

Last edited:

madmaxx82

Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net

Also if the rom you are trying to install uses Aroma installer, don't let Aroma reboot! Always use the recovery to reboot after install.

Additionally SmartFlash can only work when your rom includes the boot.img and doesn't require you to install it manually (obviously).

madmaxx82

Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net
MadMaxx82 - kudos for being helpful and informative - great support lives up to its name with Max.
thanks ;)

Maxx,, any port/or is 4ext for the mt4g is/or possible on the mt4g slide?? Or it is a new recovery for the device..

By the way your 4ext is awesome as fck! Nice to hear our community in amaze is getting better and awesome..

Thank you! 4EXT Recovery is available for the myTouch 4G, but not yet for the slide.
I will add it once current requests are finished.

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
agh ive done all this.. the rom im using already has the boot img. i wip clear and install i still have the bootloop on htc white screen..not to bring any disrespect. i just ben at this since 2am

madmaxx82

Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net
agh ive done all this.. the rom im using already has the boot img. i wip clear and install i still have the bootloop on htc white screen..not to bring any disrespect. i just ben at this since 2am

Okay let's take a look at that.
Please jump on irc so we can find out what's happening there.
I will send you a pm now.

G

glacierguy

Did you do a backup before? Wipe again and restore your backup. Then try.

You're on build 59 correct?

Are you s=on or s=off? Make sure the recovery knows if you are s=off also. If you are s=on, MAKE SURE SMART FLASH is enabled. You should get a message in recovery saying there was a change in boot partition. If you didn't get that, smart flash is NOT enabled.

What ROM are you trying to flash?

G

glacierguy

im trying to flash the speedrom.. and yeah smartflash i on

Can you give me a dropbox mirror dl link to that ROM? I can't dl from that host from my phone and I'm at work. I will try it and Maxx and I will figure out.

Others have flashed that ROM too btw... Just saying :D

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
I flashed my Rom without any wipe/normal wipe/ and wiping all partitions and it booted normally with Max's recovery

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
got it to work thanks to maxx... im uploading the speedrom to my live drive and post the link wen it is done for those still interested..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sooo stoked this finally got an official release, I was feeling bad that you guys had to wait for it... glad I was able to contribute a little to the testing process, also threw a donation in Madmaxx's direction, he totally deserves it... I will probably start donating pretty regularly to him, his work is some of the finest available for android phones... the devices he supports will definitely influence the devices I purchase!:D

edit: I would also strongly urge anyone that can to do the same (donate)...
    Here's my link to the recovery.img. The newest stable

https://www.box.com/s/mp4v31quljfvdlmy945z

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G...Go Canes []_[]
    Hi Amaze users,

Just to bump the thread, as a new version of 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1 is now available as of 31/12/2013 and all finally packaged up early morning 01/01/2014 so thanks for this at New Years!

To get your hands on the recovery.img, download 4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip using the 4EXT Apps.

The Free 4EXT Recovery Updater v2.4.6b App.
    Or the Paid 4EXT Recovery Control App.

Version v1.0.0.6 RC1 is required for the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs and GAPPs.

Here is the changelog for 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1.
    - Based on the rock solid v1.0.0.5 RC9
    - Added support for SELinux needed by some Android 4.4 roms.

Big thanks to the following testers:
    Papete, Dtr204, CChako, and Kingmook!

Hope the above helps!

Happy Testing,

Rob.
    Also, if you are new and using this, and you are "S-ON"... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "SMART-FLASH" ENABLED IN THE SETTINGS!! if not then we will end up with about the 500th thread titled "amaze 4g stuck at boot logo, please help!!!" Or "flashed x.x.x Rom and now phone just stays at HTC screen" because of course you won't search first :D

sent from my
    NRGized amaze