Threaded Group SMS!?

22nd April 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95

397 posts
Can someone with the One X comment on whether or not the device supports threaded group SMS w/ iPhone and Blackberry users? My biggest gripe with the Galaxy Nexus was that when I received group SMS messages, it wouldn't show the group and threaded responses. Instead, it showed separate messages for each response from each user. Coming from an iPhone, this is a must have feature for me and I wanted to know if the One X supported it. Thanks.
Last edited by NextNexus; 22nd April 2012 at 08:53 PM.
22nd April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
If it doesn't there is an SMS app you can get that supports threaded group chat. Not sure of the name, but it's out there.
22nd April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

397 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5t28

If it doesn't there is an SMS app you can get that supports threaded group chat. Not sure of the name, but it's out there.

None of them work well...I've tried them all with the Galaxy Nexus and that's why I got rid of it.
23rd April 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

397 posts
I'm surprised there aren't more people who are concerned about having this feature.
23rd April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus

I'm surprised there aren't more people who are concerned about having this feature.

I'm concerned, I'm coming from a blackberry and I use that function all the time. My One X is on order so if it doesn't, I'm SOL already haha
23rd April 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 60

1,049 posts
More
I sent out a massive group text when I got my phone to inform everyone of my new number, but the responses came back in their own threads.

It's not something I would utilize very often, so I'm not too concerned about finding an app to do it. I'm pretty happy with the stock Messaging app aside from this.
23rd April 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

397 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig0r

I sent out a massive group text when I got my phone to inform everyone of my new number, but the responses came back in their own threads.

It's not something I would utilize very often, so I'm not too concerned about finding an app to do it. I'm pretty happy with the stock Messaging app aside from this.

Thanks for letting me know about this. Just to confirm, there are no options to turn Group SMS (or MMS) on in the settings of the messaging app? I currently have many group chats with work colleagues as well as personal friends and this might be a deal killer for me (unfortunately).
23rd April 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
More
Received messages go in their own threads, I've been looking in the settings and don't see a way to change that so far.

If your group consists solely of smartphone users, why not use whatsapp?
23rd April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

397 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwreck

Received messages go in their own threads, I've been looking in the settings and don't see a way to change that so far.

If your group consists solely of smartphone users, why not use whatsapp?

We used to but since everyone switch to the iPhone and Blackberry there has been no reason to. I'll be the first one in the "groups" to switch to Android and not having this basic functionality sucks. Even dumb phones are able to do this nowadays so I'm pretty disappointed.
23rd April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 60

1,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus

We used to but since everyone switch to the iPhone and Blackberry there has been no reason to. I'll be the first one in the "groups" to switch to Android and not having this basic functionality sucks. Even dumb phones are able to do this nowadays so I'm pretty disappointed.

Well, at least BBM is coming to iOS and Android eventually. It's not much of a consolation, I'm sure, but at least it's something. (rumour alert! don't crucify me if it never happens! :P )

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread