Football Manager Handheld 2012 Android is here !!

OP will8578

17th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #71  
Flag Consett
Thanks Meter: 16

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan

I've actually played a little with Newcastle during testing - I found that they've a really decent side WHEN their players are all fit, however lose one or more of the key squad members and it gets a lot more challenging ...

I also personally think that it was harder once Barton left the side, but thats probably partially down to the physical (some might say thuggish ) tactics I generally employ

they have a good team but they have a habit of doing my head in. they'll take the lead against man utd for example, they might even go 2 up but then they'll get slaughtered 5-2 or in another match, 5-1 at home to bloody norwich of all teams. bloody farm yakkin, tractor toting pieces of s***
17th April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #72  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 2,728

2,639 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommoose

Its true to life in one respect, newcastle go from top 8 to bottom of the table in no time. I'd love to see the in match team talks if its somethin that could be implemented. I enjoy playing this on the phone, its the only way I get to play because I cant get the full game to run on a netbook

Tom

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

You played as Newcastle? I'm a Sunderland fan! Make love not war! Or was it peace...

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2
17th April 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #73  
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 113

635 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW

You played as Newcastle? I'm a Sunderland fan! Make love not war! Or was it peace...

Wait a minute...I'm FROM Sunderland

Ah your a Washy guy...I'm from Hetton small world haha

Last edited by CTU_Loscombe; 17th April 2012 at 10:31 PM.
18th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #74  
Flag Consett

173 posts
More
Dodgy mackems the pair of ya!

UP THA TOON!!!

18th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #75  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

2,639 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Dodgy mackems the pair of ya!

UP THA TOON!!!

Ermm.... no kernel updates for you

kidding of course
18th April 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #76  
Flag Consett

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW

Ermm.... no kernel updates for you

kidding of course

awww but keiraaaaaaaan

** stands in the corner kicking heels and looking sorrowful lol

toon toon
18th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #77  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

2,639 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

awww but keiraaaaaaaan

** stands in the corner kicking heels and looking sorrowful lol

toon toon

Right, I know how to win. I'm adapting my kernel:
Sets your boot screen to sunderland badge
Screams oh oh oh oh oh o'neil on boot and on notification
Is called SunderlandKernel
Has geolocation, if you are at the SDA it sets your CPU Max to 61MHz

Of course, I'm joking

23rd April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 89

1,571 posts
More
Question and a longshot.. I grew up with the EARLY "Bundesliga Manager 93" (In USA It was called "The Manager" http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/656/Manager,+The.html) I loved this game. Now it seems thats what Football manager grew into, I just never got around to trying it.. orig one was complex alone. Just wondering, if you did play this version.. how does it stack up to this android one? Is it still the same thing or is it really more complex now? Thanks.
23rd April 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #79  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 638

2,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Given the recent words of SI's representatives, in which they decried Android for the piracy existent in it, this project could be axed in any minute. And then they'll name sure I never buy anything with Sports Interactive in it. Sorry, Marc, but if SI uses piracy as an excuse to discontinue FMHA instead of adding value to justify the price tag of the game, they'll lose a customer for good.

XPlay-Swype
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logseman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 19

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman

Given the recent words of SI's representatives, in which they decried Android for the piracy existent in it, this project could be axed in any minute. And then they'll name sure I never buy anything with Sports Interactive in it. Sorry, Marc, but if SI uses piracy as an excuse to discontinue FMHA instead of adding value to justify the price tag of the game, they'll lose a customer for good.

Will the game spawn a series of releases on Android; I've no idea tbh - it'll depend purely on the sales on the platform against the costs of creating it I'd expect and thats not something I get into as a humble developer (there are people who wear suits and worry abut that sort of thing ), I'm not a shouter or a screamer myself - I try and create the best games I can and release them on as many platforms as possible ... simple as that.

I've done my best to immerse myself in whatever platform I develop upon, I always find that is vital in order to understand the best way to implement a game upon it.

With Android I use it every day (my Phones a Galaxy S2) and I'm quite proud of the game we've released upon it, early next month the first of several updates to the game will be available - this will further improve the product and add new HD skins allowing some devices currently running the game in a 'window' to appreciate it full-screen.

With regards to piracy, tbh I don't really want to discuss it - in the same way that my sports-sims will never discuss playings taking steroids, yes it happens ... does it help things, not at all - but I personally would prefer to focus on the positives and get on with life rather than worry about the negatives.

As such I'd like to thank everyone who's purchased the game and given me feedback on how to improve it - its very much appreciated

PS - In case anyones interested in the forthcoming update, heres the current 'in progress' information about it:

#3.4a - First Android Update
Added Battery level warning indicator (triggers when battery falls below 10% charge)
Tuning of player movement from free-transfer
Fixed rare pass count wrap display issue if someone did over 128 passes in a match
Allow users to over-ride inefficient disk space warning
Battery life optimizations
Improve alignment of text on dialog box (HD Skin)
Add warning if app is run on a device with inadequate resolution
Welsh Manager Performance Award Fix
Port Vale Point deduction
Fix rare issue in European comps if a minor club wins major competition
Fix for Vans Trophy issue if a conference club qualifies for Europe
Minor text fixes (grammar and translations)
Improve the manner in which players react to bankruptcy
Added apostrophe to keyboard
Fix crash if you slide out physical keyboard while scout search is happening
Improve accuracy of required storage space calculation
Fix very rare corruption of player history in long term saves
Allow users to ignore space error and force an installation
(New Skin details are not noted as its not fully completed at present and things only make the 'list' once they're complete)
Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 23rd April 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread