Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zagg vs. Skinomi vs. BodyGuardz vs. PhantomShield

Tip us?

Zadabest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Zagg vs. Skinomi vs. BodyGuardz vs. PhantomShield

For the Droid Razr.

I'm wondering which one has the

1) Best Texture
2) Better overall coverage

Pictures would be appreciated... I'm trying to find the one that covers all areas of the phone the most.

Also, is the bezel of the phone plastic or aluminum?

Thanks

Sexywacko
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I have had a few screen protectors for the razr but none seem to go to the edge of the screen (up to the plastic bezel)

Im currently using a stenheil protector and it is as if it isn't there.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Upgrading phones can get expensive.....damn android updates

mwep
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I tend to lean towards the "wet install" films as well. Especially on the Razr which has a slight bevel on the edge of the screen. This bevel makes the "static" films lift a bit.

Zagg
Has a orange peel texture which is noticeable at angles but when looking straight at the screen it looks perfect. I believe the texture is to help smudges and finger prints. Barely enough solution is included after you wet your hands as instructed. Crappy smoothing tool is too hard.

Skintomi
Texture is very smooth but you have to be very careful during install or you will be left with "squiggles". Its a weird effect but can be eliminated or reduced by installing the film in a steamy bathroom. Nearly as smooth as the bare screen but also attracts smudges and finger prints easily. Good smoothing tool.

ArmorShield
Very similar to Skintomi but made in USA of 3M Film. A little easier to install than the Skintomi and more than ample solution included. Decent/Good smoothing tool.

Couple of hints when installing any "wet" film:

** Wash hands completely to remove dirt from fingers.
** Thoroughly wet hands with solution after washing
** Install in a steamy environment (like a bathroom)
** Once you lay the film, it will slide easily if you don't apply pressure.

Sexywacko
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I had a zagg protector on my nexus s. And I loved that texture.

chavist
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexywacko View Post
I have had a few screen protectors for the razr but none seem to go to the edge of the screen (up to the plastic bezel)

Im currently using a stenheil protector and it is as if it isn't there.

I bought extreme guardz for my Razr Maxx and it actually covers the entire screen Corner to corner. The texture is great. It was a wet install and cost $1.50 off of ebay.
The Following User Says Thank You to chavist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matesims23
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I installed a zagg

Sent from my DROID RAZR

brunswick000
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavist View Post
I bought extreme guardz for my Razr Maxx and it actually covers the entire screen Corner to corner. The texture is great. It was a wet install and cost $1.50 off of ebay.
I had Zagg and Stealth Guard before and I currently have the extreme guard on my Nexus S and there is no comparison. The Extreme Guard are the best by far. Zagg is too rubbery and actually attracts smudges and fingerprints. Stealth Guard was ok, but I found they were not cut to the exact shape that was required. The extreme guard fit perfectly, add some non-slip texture, but are barely noticeable on the screen. And given the price they can be purchased for on eBay you really cant go wrong. I have a RAZR coming in the mail and I immediately purchased two full-body shields from Extreme Guard off eBay. Two of them including shipping was like $12 to Canada.

Ziddles
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using the Clear Ultra Crystal Steinheil screen protecter and it's AWESOME. It's thin, but durable. It doesn't have that rubbery feel and you can't even tell that I have a screen protector on.

LuckyHermit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im using Steinheil Clear Ultra Crystal as well. It is the best screen protector I have ever used. Very smooth, and clear and tough. I have had mine on for 3 months, and it is still pristine.

Sexywacko
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyHermit View Post
Im using Steinheil Clear Ultra Crystal as well. It is the best screen protector I have ever used. Very smooth, and clear and tough. I have had mine on for 3 months, and it is still pristine.
Mine was fine until my work stanley blade almost went through it. Thank f**k I had one on.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium