Flygrip?

OP th3lawmak3r76

11th April 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Queensbury,NY
Thanks Meter: 16

131 posts
More
I was watching a YouTube video the other day and it was a review on the Flygrip and it looked pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone has used a Flygrip before and if it was worth the $30

Sent from my magic piece of metal using even more magic
The Following User Says Thank You to th3lawmak3r76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11

67 posts
More
I'm waiting for mine to arrive at the doorstep. Will update upon receipt.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 246

1,599 posts
Donate to Me
More
Plenty of reviews and free shipping code here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1423613
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
This could be useful for me. I'm starting to get a little RSI in my right thumb. This looks like it would support it.
The Following User Says Thank You to deek0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11

67 posts
More
I have had the flygrip for ~6 months. I really like it.
lt broke the other day. I emailed the Flygrip folks and they said it was due to a design flaw. They sent me a new one with the new revised design. Free of charge.
It is really useful. Helps to have a secure hold on your device. And also doubles as a landscape kickstand. Because the galaxy note is so big, the device will not stand in portrait with the kickstand. It just topples over.
It folds flat. Fairily flat. Only 7-8mm.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Mine just came in today I suggest if you get one use some duct tape (or another type of tape) to stick it in back. That way you can get a better feel for where you want it and don't waste one sticky.

Cause that's what I just did.

But other than that it's comfortable, quick to open, and once you stick your fingers in it a few times (heehee) it becomes very nice!

I don't use a case (even though they offer a free one for my phone) So it's nice to have a better hold on my phone.

I'm going to buy another one in a few months for my friends.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
5th January 2013, 08:25 PM   |  #7  
Flag Eagan, MN
Thanks Meter: 49

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude18

I have had the flygrip for ~6 months. I really like it.
lt broke the other day. I emailed the Flygrip folks and they said it was due to a design flaw. They sent me a new one with the new revised design. Free of charge.
It is really useful. Helps to have a secure hold on your device. And also doubles as a landscape kickstand. Because the galaxy note is so big, the device will not stand in portrait with the kickstand. It just topples over.
It folds flat. Fairily flat. Only 7-8mm.

Hello, I noticed that you may want a kickstand that will help stand your Galaxy Note better. I have developed one that might be just the ticket for you - although not designed as a grip, with the blade open, it can be used to give yourself a better grip - see this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1208873

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles1966

Mine just came in today I suggest if you get one use some duct tape (or another type of tape) to stick it in back. That way you can get a better feel for where you want it and don't waste one sticky.

Cause that's what I just did.

But other than that it's comfortable, quick to open, and once you stick your fingers in it a few times (heehee) it becomes very nice!

I don't use a case (even though they offer a free one for my phone) So it's nice to have a better hold on my phone.

I'm going to buy another one in a few months for my friends.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Take a short strip of packing tape and fold over one end so that you have something to grip if you want to take it off - it will have less adhesive goo on your device to clean off - that's what I did when I was first testing correct placement on my kickstand4u tm
8th January 2013, 02:19 AM   |  #8  

92 posts
More
Think i want to get this for my kindle touch because it sucks when it falls on my face while i'm reading it in bed...
8th January 2013, 04:07 AM   |  #9  
Flag Eagan, MN
Thanks Meter: 49

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ranger

Think i want to get this for my kindle touch because it sucks when it falls on my face while i'm reading it in bed...

It's hard to hold in bed, I use my kickstand4u tm like a flygrip, but I find my arm gets tired holding my GS3 like that, which is pretty lightweight let alone trying to hold my Samsung Tab 7.0 Plus over my head for that long, I know I would still drop it on my face and with the weight of my arm attached, I'd probably knock myself out LOL!

You just got to either have a strong arm to hold in that position for a long time or set it on a bedside nightstand and do the reading that way.

So using a kickstand that was designed for all mobile devices as a true kickstand rather than a flygrip that can be used as a kickstand for small devices like a phone, this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087034
Last edited by mouseglider; 8th January 2013 at 06:32 AM.
8th January 2013, 08:41 PM   |  #10  

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseglider

It's hard to hold in bed, I use my kickstand4u tm like a flygrip, but I find my arm gets tired holding my GS3 like that, which is pretty lightweight let alone trying to hold my Samsung Tab 7.0 Plus over my head for that long, I know I would still drop it on my face and with the weight of my arm attached, I'd probably knock myself out LOL!

You just got to either have a strong arm to hold in that position for a long time or set it on a bedside nightstand and do the reading that way.

So using a kickstand that was designed for all mobile devices as a true kickstand rather than a flygrip that can be used as a kickstand for small devices like a phone, this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087034

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread