Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flygrip?

Tip us?

th3lawmak3r76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Flygrip?

I was watching a YouTube video the other day and it was a review on the Flygrip and it looked pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone has used a Flygrip before and if it was worth the $30

Sent from my magic piece of metal using even more magic
Sent from my magic piece of metal using even more magic
The Following User Says Thank You to th3lawmak3r76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dude18
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm waiting for mine to arrive at the doorstep. Will update upon receipt.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Plenty of reviews and free shipping code here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1423613
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deek0
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This could be useful for me. I'm starting to get a little RSI in my right thumb. This looks like it would support it.
The Following User Says Thank You to deek0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dude18
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have had the flygrip for ~6 months. I really like it.
lt broke the other day. I emailed the Flygrip folks and they said it was due to a design flaw. They sent me a new one with the new revised design. Free of charge.
It is really useful. Helps to have a secure hold on your device. And also doubles as a landscape kickstand. Because the galaxy note is so big, the device will not stand in portrait with the kickstand. It just topples over.
It folds flat. Fairily flat. Only 7-8mm.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Knuckles1966
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine just came in today I suggest if you get one use some duct tape (or another type of tape) to stick it in back. That way you can get a better feel for where you want it and don't waste one sticky.

Cause that's what I just did.

But other than that it's comfortable, quick to open, and once you stick your fingers in it a few times (heehee) it becomes very nice!

I don't use a case (even though they offer a free one for my phone) So it's nice to have a better hold on my phone.

I'm going to buy another one in a few months for my friends.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

mouseglider
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude18 View Post
I have had the flygrip for ~6 months. I really like it.
lt broke the other day. I emailed the Flygrip folks and they said it was due to a design flaw. They sent me a new one with the new revised design. Free of charge.
It is really useful. Helps to have a secure hold on your device. And also doubles as a landscape kickstand. Because the galaxy note is so big, the device will not stand in portrait with the kickstand. It just topples over.
It folds flat. Fairily flat. Only 7-8mm.

Hello, I noticed that you may want a kickstand that will help stand your Galaxy Note better. I have developed one that might be just the ticket for you - although not designed as a grip, with the blade open, it can be used to give yourself a better grip - see this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1208873

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles1966 View Post
Mine just came in today I suggest if you get one use some duct tape (or another type of tape) to stick it in back. That way you can get a better feel for where you want it and don't waste one sticky.

Cause that's what I just did.

But other than that it's comfortable, quick to open, and once you stick your fingers in it a few times (heehee) it becomes very nice!

I don't use a case (even though they offer a free one for my phone) So it's nice to have a better hold on my phone.

I'm going to buy another one in a few months for my friends.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Take a short strip of packing tape and fold over one end so that you have something to grip if you want to take it off - it will have less adhesive goo on your device to clean off - that's what I did when I was first testing correct placement on my kickstand4u tm
Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

For all mobile devices - get one!
XDA kickstand4u tm Review

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
Rock Solid and Perfect!

I have just started a Kickstarter Project - please help out if you can - will end August 31st

Green Ranger
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Think i want to get this for my kindle touch because it sucks when it falls on my face while i'm reading it in bed...

mouseglider
Old
(Last edited by mouseglider; 8th January 2013 at 05:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ranger View Post
Think i want to get this for my kindle touch because it sucks when it falls on my face while i'm reading it in bed...
It's hard to hold in bed, I use my kickstand4u tm like a flygrip, but I find my arm gets tired holding my GS3 like that, which is pretty lightweight let alone trying to hold my Samsung Tab 7.0 Plus over my head for that long, I know I would still drop it on my face and with the weight of my arm attached, I'd probably knock myself out LOL!

You just got to either have a strong arm to hold in that position for a long time or set it on a bedside nightstand and do the reading that way.

So using a kickstand that was designed for all mobile devices as a true kickstand rather than a flygrip that can be used as a kickstand for small devices like a phone, this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087034
Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

For all mobile devices - get one!
XDA kickstand4u tm Review

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
Rock Solid and Perfect!

I have just started a Kickstarter Project - please help out if you can - will end August 31st

Green Ranger
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseglider View Post
It's hard to hold in bed, I use my kickstand4u tm like a flygrip, but I find my arm gets tired holding my GS3 like that, which is pretty lightweight let alone trying to hold my Samsung Tab 7.0 Plus over my head for that long, I know I would still drop it on my face and with the weight of my arm attached, I'd probably knock myself out LOL!

You just got to either have a strong arm to hold in that position for a long time or set it on a bedside nightstand and do the reading that way.

So using a kickstand that was designed for all mobile devices as a true kickstand rather than a flygrip that can be used as a kickstand for small devices like a phone, this might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087034
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.