New firmware, V21Y for G2X showing in LGMobile Support Tool

OP Core Memory

22nd April 2012, 07:37 PM   |  #381  
Thanks Meter: 96

1,140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

Thanks jboxer for the credits.

I use Windows Virtual PC in XP Mode to install the .kdz file but you may be able to install it in Windows 7 by using LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix as follows:

First,
From the OP by adixtra at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1287236
1. download: LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix (OFFLINE INSTALLER DOWNLOAD)
2. download: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN (DOWNLOAD FLASHING PROGRAMS)
3. download: ROOT USING SuperOneClick
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OF THE OTHER FILES THERE!

Second,
From the OP/first page of this thread, download V21y_00.kdz

Third,
From the OP by Kairi_zeroblade at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1566681
download CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.8

Carry out the steps in adixtra's OP at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1287236 with the V21y_00.kdz file you downloaded by selecting it from wherever you downloaded it to.

It takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Afterwards, you will have to root it with SuperOneClick and install CWM if you want to use it for backing up, restoring, etc. (saving your butt) otherwise if you restore it will be the stock v21y installation.

You saved my A$$. I jacked up my wife's g2x trying to update to the new stock rom. These instruction pulled me out of the hellfire after 3 days of torture lol!
22nd April 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #382  
Kenosha, WI
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
More
What's everyone getting for battery life? I'm at 1 day 8 hours with 58% with the 3500mah and with stock battery I get about 1 day 5 hours fully depleted. ( medium usage)

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #383  
Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Thumbs up
Got this working on my Wife's G2x no problems. Using Windows 7 and everything worked fine. Updated from Cincinnati Bell ROM to this one which is T-Mobile but everything works just fine since they both use the same towers and radios. Again great job all!!
23rd April 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #384  
Thanks Meter: 14

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanthelplt90

What's everyone getting for battery life? I'm at 1 day 8 hours with 58% with the 3500mah and with stock battery I get about 1 day 5 hours fully depleted. ( medium usage)

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I get about the same on the stock battery. Today, my battery died after 1 day, 6 1/2 hours.
23rd April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #385  
Flag DeLand
Thanks Meter: 6

111 posts
More
Has anyone had any freezing or rebooting problems like most of us had with 2.2, 2.3.3?
23rd April 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #386  
Thanks Meter: 13

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcuban

Has anyone had any freezing or rebooting problems like most of us had with 2.2, 2.3.3?

None so far... they should have released g2x with this firmware..it would have been a big hit.
23rd April 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #387  
Flag Warrensburg
Thanks Meter: 20

76 posts
More
Quote:

Not only have I not had a single screen freeze or reboot. I'm getting about 20+ hours on battery

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #388  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 8

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yep! I've had two random reboots. Both times my phone was sitting on a table, idle, and then it lit up, which caught my eye, and it fully rebooted. This is over the period of 5 days. So, twice in 5 days I've had a random reboot.
23rd April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #389  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 736

1,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerxd

None so far... they should have released g2x with this firmware..it would have been a big hit.

Yes, it would have been but LG shouldn't have released this phone with screen bleed, problems with overheating, bad batteries, lack of Android updates, limiting 3G bands to the AWS 3G band even though it could have been enabled to use all of them (like the Blackberry Bold 9700 and other phones which are), no FM radio even though it could have had it, no independent use of the two processing cores, flaky updating utility software, not committing to providing ICS, providing the V21Y_00 update then denying it existed then removing it, etc., etc., etc...
23rd April 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #390  
Thanks Meter: 13

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

Yes, it would have been but LG shouldn't have released this phone with screen bleed, problems with overheating, bad batteries, lack of Android updates, limiting 3G bands to the AWS 3G band even though it could have been enabled to use all of them (like the Blackberry Bold 9700 and other phones which are), no FM radio even though it could have had it, no independent use of the two processing cores, flaky updating utility software, not committing to providing ICS, providing the V21Y_00 update then denying it existed then removing it, etc., etc., etc...

agreed... but starting with this firmware might have resulted in selling more phones and provide a reason to pay more attention to it. anyway its all done now.. lets hope for the best(ICS)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, lgmobile support tool, update, upgrade, v21y
Previous Thread Next Thread