Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][AOKP B38]SimplyAOKP 6 FINAL ~ ODEXED ~ 4.0.4 ~ DEVIL KERNEL ~ 6/08/2012

Tip us?

tallsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Thumbs up Nice

My initial flash bombed out! Was on AOKP32, Semaphore 1.0, and TRusselo's 32 essentials. Did all the wipes and got all sort of assert errors and the flash failed. Flashed KI2 with odin and then reflashed and all is well. Only thing I did different from the OP was booting into recovery using ROM Tools instead of 3 button combo????????

Anyway, after reloading all my apps, etc, all is smooth and good. I OC'd to 1200 and it is snappy. Not any real difference from AOKP32 that I can tell but a very good ROM.

Thanks Dev!!

Ever Changing ROMs

Samsung Galaxy S 3

tkjeeper
Old
Thanks Meter 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsilver View Post
My initial flash bombed out! Was on AOKP32, Semaphore 1.0, and TRusselo's 32 essentials. Did all the wipes and got all sort of assert errors and the flash failed. Flashed KI2 with odin and then reflashed and all is well. Only thing I did different from the OP was booting into recovery using ROM Tools instead of 3 button combo????????

Anyway, after reloading all my apps, etc, all is smooth and good. I OC'd to 1200 and it is snappy. Not any real difference from AOKP32 that I can tell but a very good ROM.

Thanks Dev!!
I find that you can't flash much while on Semaphore. I flashed to glitch first then flashed the rom.

Sent from the frozen tundra known as Canada from an ice cream sandwich powered captivate.

pwneman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravomail View Post
Yes - TRusselo's essential mod and Golfslicer buttercream theme.
You practically read my mind!

I wouldn't recommend flashing any addons to this mod, because this rom is odexed and most mods aren't. The next releae (hopefully today) will have all the mods you need, buttercream, TRusselo's essentials pack, sexy animations.. xD

Thank you everyone!
SimplyAOKP ICS 4.0.4 ~ ODEXED

SimplyStockV2.0 KK4/ICS THEMED ODEXED ~ SAMMY STABLE 2.3.5

Nexus S Modems for Galaxy S Devices

Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 5 (rip Android)

Previous Phone/s:
Samsung Impression
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate

~Rakesh Kadamati
The Following User Says Thank You to pwneman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tallsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjeeper View Post
I find that you can't flash much while on Semaphore. I flashed to glitch first then flashed the rom.

Sent from the frozen tundra known as Canada from an ice cream sandwich powered captivate.
Thanks, that's interesting to know! I may have read it before but I didn't even think about it.

Ever Changing ROMs

Samsung Galaxy S 3

pwneman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsilver View Post
Thanks, that's interesting to know! I may have read it before but I didn't even think about it.
Yea, I get weird status errors on Semaphore as well. Sometimes its better to flash to glitch first and then flash whatever you want from there...

Glitch big mem is pretty good anyways xD

Previous Phone/s:
Samsung Impression

~Rakesh Kadamati

jin5
Old
Thanks Meter 17
slightly off topic,
but does this and other MTD roms for the captivate have intermittent data issues?

i have used mtd based roms on the samsung fascinate for verizon and that was always an issue.

thanks for any info!

pwneman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin5 View Post
slightly off topic,
but does this and other MTD roms for the captivate have intermittent data issues?

i have used mtd based roms on the samsung fascinate for verizon and that was always an issue.

thanks for any info!
As in where the phone has problems using data at random times? I've noticed little with this rom, only AT&T GB Roms have been excellent towards using data in terms of stability. All other roms seem to have a bit of trouble at random times when receiving data. We'll see.

Previous Phone/s:
Samsung Impression

~Rakesh Kadamati

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwneman View Post
Try dpi 184 maybe? lol.
Ok so it seems 200 is the lowest I can go without crashing dialer on this ROM. A bit disappointing compared to the other I was using but I like it so I guess I can live with that for now .

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

tkjeeper
Old
(Last edited by tkjeeper; 23rd April 2012 at 05:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Ok so it seems 200 is the lowest I can go without crashing dialer on this ROM. A bit disappointing compared to the other I was using but I like it so I guess I can live with that for now .
I'm at 240, works fine for me.
Edit: reread your post, I was of no help. Lol.

patrick8996
Old
Thanks Meter 752

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwneman View Post
You practically read my mind!

I wouldn't recommend flashing any addons to this mod, because this rom is odexed and most mods aren't. The next releae (hopefully today) will have all the mods you need, buttercream, TRusselo's essentials pack, sexy animations.. xD

Thank you everyone!
Perfect , Also someone should explain to me what Odexed means xD

And does anybody know how to properly configure my battery(Re-calibrate)
TEAM REMICS
(CLICK ME FOR OFFICIAL WEBSITE)

My ROMS:

Captivate: CLICK HERE
Vibrant: CLICK HERE