Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard bricked during CM9 upgrade from UCLD3 Leak?!

Tip us?

timmetal6669
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2010

DONATE TO ME
Cm9 its the devil. You should see how many bricks over in the epic 4touch section. Cm9 needs to be pulled and tested thoroughly. We know they aren't responsible... Well they're right they know about it and release it anyway. That is irresponsible.
The Following User Says Thank You to timmetal6669 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TOA Duck
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmetal6669 View Post
Cm9 its the devil. You should see how many bricks over in the epic 4touch section. Cm9 needs to be pulled and tested thoroughly. We know they aren't responsible... Well they're right they know about it and release it anyway. That is irresponsible.
Really dude. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Infuse
Samsung Focus WP7
iPhone 3g good riddance

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3113310_1.gif

task650
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You're ridiculous. Why are you on XDA. You shouldn't even be flashing anything to your devices with the level of intellect that you've shown here. The poop I took this morning made more of a difference here on XDA then you did in your post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kinador
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm not trying to place blame. I took the risk in flashing my phone hundreds of times, and hell I didn't last a whole day with the replacement being stock.

I'm loving what you guys are doing. I was just asking if we knew for certain. Then again, like it was stated earlier sometimes a bad package comes along.

Anyway, ya'll keep it up and I'll keep fiddling. In between triple wipes ofcourse

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

chibixzero
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
You're ridiculous. Why are you on XDA. You shouldn't even be flashing anything to your devices with the level of intellect that you've shown here. The poop I took this morning made more of a difference here on XDA then you did in your post.
Eheehe dooty

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Phone: ATT SAMSUNG galaxy SII
AT&T Galaxy S4

Saintzero
The oldest Megaman Gaming site

Slavestate
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
That's funny are we using Epics? Nope. The devils been running stable as fvck for weeks now so he must be doing something better then the sheep.

Now where's my Slayer and Mayhem ringtones??? You would think Satan would include them with his rom!

Sent from my devil-powered all-knowing SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

mgd76
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOA Duck View Post
Really dude. Lol
That's not a dude, it's "The Waterboy"'s mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavestate View Post
Now where's my Slayer and Mayhem ringtones??? You would think Satan would include them with his rom!
+1 lol
Sent from my Galaxy S II running CM9

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2046
Quote:
Cm9 is the reason my dad left my mom when I was 10. Damn u cm9. Damn u.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capathy21
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I just wanted to make sure that the issue that caused the hard bricks was taken care of. I just got my replacement and dont want to mess it up again. I just rooted the new device and have installed the NEW corrected leak of LC5. Am I able to flash between LC5 and Cm9, or LC5 and Tasks AOKP? I do not generally create a Nandroid so I would be wiping before I flash anything. Never had any issues before when switching between these roms but I am kind of unsure now that I have experienced a hard brick. Thanks

nakedninja42
Old
Thanks Meter 699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by capathy21 View Post
I just wanted to make sure that the issue that caused the hard bricks was taken care of. I just got my replacement and dont want to mess it up again. I just rooted the new device and have installed the NEW corrected leak of LC5. Am I able to flash between LC5 and Cm9, or LC5 and Tasks AOKP? I do not generally create a Nandroid so I would be wiping before I flash anything. Never had any issues before when switching between these roms but I am kind of unsure now that I have experienced a hard brick. Thanks
The issue has been resolved in the leaks. I have not flashed since Task updated the leaks but I had no problems moving from shostock2 to aokp and nandroid back to shostock2 with my replacement phone.
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777