Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low ringing sound, but not the ringer anyone?

Tip us?

hardy1906
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Low ringing sound, but not the ringer anyone?

Anyone ever get a really low, faint ringing sound on the mopho?

but it is not the ringer...and can only seem to be stopped by turning the device off?

thanks in advance?

mrcleanjr88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, I haven't heard it. What all have you done with your phone?

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

rbeavers
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Is it your Notification set low?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.

mykeyvee
Old
Thanks Meter 33
try downloading "audio manager" from the market. it gives you options to control the different aspects of your phone's sound.

alex.boot87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I have run into this issue now a few times. It has happened to my Droid Bionic loaded with a custom rom and a stock rom. Now it just happened with my stock, non rooted, 2 week old Droid Razr Maxx.

The sound comes from the the call speaker and is a continuous ringing. It normally happens to me at night when I am sleeping and the phone is charging, but I have read about it happening to a range of Moto phones regardless of time of day and batt charge.

I'm not too worried about it because a reboot takes care of the issue, but I would still like to see what is making them do it.