Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]SKY ICS--- 4.2D-10 (5/7/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!! 60FPS !!!!

OP seanzscreams

23rd April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #1141  
Flag Bradford West Gwillimbury
Thanks Meter: 245

1,618 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahausrath

Busybox? fix permissions? I had to fix permissions and restart to get it to work... and make sure I opened superuser and allowed smanager to root. Also make sure your running the script as root (although, it should warn you if you arent)

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Negative, but you can dl it from the market. I'm sure some of us just got a shotty dl, so you can either redl and reflash the update, or just dl it from the market.

I did busybox, permission.
I did find it strange that it was not asking for permission from superuser, how did you do that "opened superuser and allowed smanager to root" can't see anywhere to do it with in the superuser and it's not asking to do it when SM runs.

P.S. Something is wrong, Titanium Backup says I lost Root, but I have root, strange have no idea what is happening.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Irish

I don't use an SD card, so I can't see the zmods folder.
Honestly though, I'm not concerned with the scripts. Everything runs great as is (wife's phone)

It's a good collection for this ROM, if you did not read from page 1, but I would delete it anyways as I have all that.

Thanks Sean, for thinking of us!
Last edited by odeccacccp; 23rd April 2012 at 05:21 PM.
23rd April 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #1142  
Thanks Meter: 2

103 posts
Anybody having issues with the phone losing carrier connection overnight or when not used for a couple of hours?

I've woken up to my phone having no bars, just a circle with a line across where the bars used to be, it works fine after I turn airplane mode on and then off or restart the phone. Almost like the radio goes on stand by but doesn't wake.

I'm running 4.2d-6 and have tried radios UCLC4 and UCLD2

Problems doom to have started after I tried to install the modem apn under "access points"

Anybody has had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.
23rd April 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #1143  
Flag Munford
Thanks Meter: 141

1,180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odeccacccp

Ok so with both Superuser and SuperSU the v6 script just hangs there not doing anything, any one have a suggestion?

On the control panel on the v6 make sure you pick root so it can run as root. That's where I had messed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #1144  
Flag Jacksonville, Fl
Thanks Meter: 575

690 posts
More
Quote:

I did busybox, permission.
I did find it strange that it was not asking for permission from superuser, how did you do that "opened superuser and allowed smanager to root" can't see anywhere to do it with in the superuser and it's not asking to do it when SM runs.

P.S. Something is wrong, Titanium Backup says I lost Root, but I have root, strange have no idea what is happening.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

It's a good collection for this ROM, if you did not read from page 1, but I would delete it anyways as I have all that.

Thanks Sean, for thinking of us!

When Tibu says you lost root its usually (in my experience) from installing supersu. I've never got it to work correctly (I probably didn't read the "howto" on it... haha). Anyhow, you may want to reflash base and update, and make sure they settle. than, after installing busybox, open superuser and hit the ok button. than go and fix permissions. Than trying running the script with the green skull on in Smanager... Thats what I did last time I tried SuperSU, but they're saying that supersu should work with TIBU with the latest update (to TIBU)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahausrath For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #1145  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 4

142 posts
More
Quote:

only new base
D-ZX2

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

PICK THE BASE ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS... THE UPDATE WORKS WITH BOTH
this means works with both versions of new D-ZX2 base, if you have old D,D-X, D-ZX, it would not work properly

Awe crud. I read that as any base done up to this point. I installed the 7 update over the non ZX2 base and lost connectivity to ATT.

Cripes....
23rd April 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #1146  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 159

345 posts
More
Had similar problem with APN, lost data and signal, managed to reset to default. I keep checking the ATT LTE APN, but always resets to the at&t pta APN. I do get 4g icon doesn't say lte under the 4g but I am assuming that's the same?

So I have the created ATT LTE APN but can't seem to make it stick.

Great ROM best update to date and V6 rocks.

Last edited by mmessina; 23rd April 2012 at 05:44 PM.
23rd April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #1147  
Thanks Meter: 2

148 posts
When downloading from chrome I see the Starting Download... But it doesn't show up in the notification as actually downloading.

On update 7.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Awe crud. I read that as any base done up to this point. I installed the 7 update over the non ZX2 base and lost connectivity to ATT.

Cripes....

USB Micro-SD Adapter, LIFE SAVER!! After I flashed UCLD2 lockscreen over UCLC4..
23rd April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #1148  
Recognized Contributor
Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,024

1,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Thank you for responding and helping out so much.

(Oh, he's from Houston, makes sense now. Always trying to keep up with DFW.)

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Awesome thanks so much...

I figured someone would answer, and if not, I would eventually.
23rd April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #1149  
Flag Bradford West Gwillimbury
Thanks Meter: 245

1,618 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin48

On the control panel on the v6 make sure you pick root so it can run as root. That's where I had messed up.

where is that? Can't see it.
Do you mean SU checked?
23rd April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #1150  
Flag Jacksonville, Fl
Thanks Meter: 575

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikwisdom

When downloading from chrome I see the Starting Download... But it doesn't show up in the notification as actually downloading.

On update 7.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

USB Micro-SD Adapter, LIFE SAVER!! After I flashed UCLD2 lockscreen over UCLC4..

Fix permissions?

Samsung Skyrocket i727
Sky ICS 4.2d-current
UCLD2 modem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread