Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MIUIAndroid][4.0.4] 2.8.3

Tip us?
 
actresss35
Old
#2421  
actresss35's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
You have to use, or SHOULD use Camera ICS from the Market, errr Play Store

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------



I don't mean to pick on you, but there are hundreds of posts here proclaiming the greatness of the ROM. There are also posts on the last few pages that hint to a possible new GB version coming eventually. There are ALSO posts with links in here to the latest GB versions on mirrored sites.

No offense, but again, people who don't take a few minutes to search and read are really annoying to those of us who do and those of use that spend hours on here posting ways to fix things and make phones run smoother.

TBH, that guide that realtobago posted above only contains things that are already posted all over this site that I learned by reading and searching. There's not one thing in there that I invented or discovered on my own by doing Mad Scientist style testing on my phone

But If people had not searched or read, how would this thread have been found? How would this rom have been discovered? Are you saying that it's not fair that you put so much work into the research and others deserve answers only based how much time and effort they apply? I believe the purpose of these forums are to discuss issues and share solutions. Please don't knock down the less knowledgeable person for asking a question. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Give some credit to the fact that we are here because we searched. Why should someone go past the orange tree to other trees looking for oranges.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and you obviously know a lot. And it is the reason why we are here looking for answers from the ones who know (such as yourself).
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, just looking out....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to actresss35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
woshiweili
Old
#2422  
woshiweili's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 437
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by actresss35 View Post
But If people had not searched or read, how would this thread have been found? How would this rom have been discovered? Are you saying that it's not fair that you put so much work into the research and others deserve answers only based how much time and effort they apply? I believe the purpose of these forums are to discuss issues and share solutions. Please don't knock down the less knowledgeable person for asking a question. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Give some credit to the fact that we are here because we searched. Why should someone go past the orange tree to other trees looking for oranges.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and you obviously know a lot. And it is the reason why we are here looking for answers from the ones who know (such as yourself).
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, just looking out....
I agree with you.

I personally always do my own searches before asking a question just in case it's a FAQ. However, sometimes I don't find the answer I was looking for, even if it is there.

With that said, I believe some people are just frustrated that they are seeing the same questions being asked over and over again and they are just releasing their frustration in the forum. No biggie
The Following User Says Thank You to woshiweili For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DrededStar87
Old
#2423  
DrededStar87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 94
Posts: 502
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
*sips coffee*

My phone has been running amazingly, though I am curious about this new update, are we going to wait until next Friday or will there be a 4/20? Im happy either way, I am just asking so I will know if I need to keep making a backup every day lol
Nexus 5

"Im from Dallas, I eat Rudy's"

\_(ツ)_/ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

 
Mr.BungIe
Old
(Last edited by Mr.BungIe; 23rd April 2012 at 06:10 PM.)
#2424  
Mr.BungIe's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 88
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montclair
This response will get lost in the shuffle, but it always helps to read the original post AND the last 5 pages of a thread before you ask your question. Chances are if it's a common problem, someone has already asked about it. Ad nauseum.

Searching for specific answers is good but reading everything is better! You will get answers to questions you didn't know you had. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actresss35 View Post
But If people had not searched or read, how would this thread have been found? How would this rom have been discovered? Are you saying that it's not fair that you put so much work into the research and others deserve answers only based how much time and effort they apply? I believe the purpose of these forums are to discuss issues and share solutions. Please don't knock down the less knowledgeable person for asking a question. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Give some credit to the fact that we are here because we searched. Why should someone go past the orange tree to other trees looking for oranges.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and you obviously know a lot. And it is the reason why we are here looking for answers from the ones who know (such as yourself).
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, just looking out....


Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
 
HipKat
Old
(Last edited by HipKat; 23rd April 2012 at 06:14 PM.)
#2425  
HipKat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 5,080
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Peoria-hell, IL via Buffalo, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by actresss35 View Post
But If people had not searched or read, how would this thread have been found? How would this rom have been discovered? Are you saying that it's not fair that you put so much work into the research and others deserve answers only based how much time and effort they apply? I believe the purpose of these forums are to discuss issues and share solutions. Please don't knock down the less knowledgeable person for asking a question. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Give some credit to the fact that we are here because we searched. Why should someone go past the orange tree to other trees looking for oranges.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and you obviously know a lot. And it is the reason why we are here looking for answers from the ones who know (such as yourself).
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, just looking out....
Well, tbh, there's not a whole lot of searching involved to find this thread. I mean, it's always on the front page and nearly at the top of the Dev section, where you'd be coming to look for ROMS anyhow.

The point isn't even that he didn't search, but more that he comes on talking about how his phone is laggy and that the Evo 4G can't run ICS (paraphrasing) and all this thread has been filled with for weeks is how amazing and stable this ROM is.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
Android 4.4.4
ROM OctOS 0712
KERNEL Alucard v2.6.9.b
GAPPS PA Modular Full 4.4.4 20140629
RADIO R970TYUFND1
RECOVERY Philz Touch 5.06.6

My Life Is Committed To Jesus!


 
popper668
Old
#2426  
popper668's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 512
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lakeside CA
how can i remove the clock from the topbar / statusbar??
"I got into the settings, but don't know what I should be changing."

 
DrededStar87
Old
#2427  
DrededStar87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 94
Posts: 502
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by popper668 View Post
how can i remove the clock from the topbar / statusbar??
in v4, the extended settings mod does not work, so i do not think there is a way to remove it as of right now. the last GB build had working extended settings so, if you dont mind using GB, that seems to be the only way to get rid of it
Nexus 5

"Im from Dallas, I eat Rudy's"

\_(ツ)_/ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The Following User Says Thank You to DrededStar87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
evol4g
Old
#2428  
evol4g's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1451
Posts: 1,822
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: chandler-gilbert 480!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by actresss35 View Post
But If people had not searched or read, how would this thread have been found? How would this rom have been discovered? Are you saying that it's not fair that you put so much work into the research and others deserve answers only based how much time and effort they apply? I believe the purpose of these forums are to discuss issues and share solutions. Please don't knock down the less knowledgeable person for asking a question. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Give some credit to the fact that we are here because we searched. Why should someone go past the orange tree to other trees looking for oranges.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and you obviously know a lot. And it is the reason why we are here looking for answers from the ones who know (such as yourself).
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, just looking out....
I agree in a sense but if he went back a few pages all the info he needed was there, reading the OP and the most recent page doesn't mean you've searched and can't find an answer.. I monitor this thread a lot and the same questions come up repeatedly (ie, does this have hwa, any way to fix choppy video, what's up with GB, ect) and all these questions can be answered by looking a few pages back in most cases.. So yeah answering the same question over and over kinda sucks

sent from my evol supersonic


HTC ONE S ROMS
Xylon | SlimBean | DirtyUnicorns

ADDED A DONATE BUTTON! feel free to contribute
 
actresss35
Old
#2429  
actresss35's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Well, tbh, there's not a whole lot of searching involved to find this thread. I mean, it's always on the front page and nearly at the top of the Dev section, where you'd be coming to look for ROMS anyhow.

The point isn't even that he didn't search, but more that he comes on talking about how his phone is laggy and that the Evo 4G can't run ICS (paraphrasing) and all this thread has been filled with for weeks is how amazing and stable this ROM is.
I understand your point. Again no offense, I appreciate your knowledge and expertise. And I agree with you, there has to be some sort of responsibility, nothing is drive-through-break-throughs. I totally get that the same stupid question is being asked, and i too get annoyed. Imo people just need to be educated instead of getting annoyed by their laziness.

With that said, THANK YOU! for helping people find solutions to their ICS issues. You've helped me with flashing the correct way (yes because I read ). I also agree that this rom IS stable as a rock and i've never experienced any issues. I'm just a user and have been a follower of swiper's roms since MIUI.US dropped the evo back in Dec.'11. So can we all just get along and support the best Ics rom that exists!

And to those who have questions, please take the time to go back at least 10-15 pages before asking. You might find the answer faster than waiting for a reply. Just my .02.
 
starkwead
Old
(Last edited by starkwead; 23rd April 2012 at 08:47 PM.)
#2430  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 110
Join Date: Sep 2010
HipKat your post is useful, thanks. But not everyone has the time to read through all of the posts.

Tags
best porter in the neck of these woods, fast as hell, me so horny, porting genius, skunk piss = horrible team name, slaytanic vermoc, still no wifi, super swiper, swiper=kanger, waii?, where's my 2$
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes