Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][06.10][APP/PRO/OTA][AOSP&SAMMY] N.E.A.K. ICS - Designed by Nature (v2.0.6x)

Tip us?

JordanElliott
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 744
Am i able to put the scripts back that it deleted or will my phone blow up?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

ktoonsez
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37727

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanElliott View Post
Am i able to put the scripts back that it deleted or will my phone blow up?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Give it a try, just make a backup first. I added mine back in for my MIUI and it actually slowed it down, so I took them back out. Experiment and have fun

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945

nismax
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraquib View Post
I flashed his Firmware which was working ok except root being messed up. However after I flashed this kernel it just sits on a black screen after the samsung screen. I had to restore a previous back up. Something in my configuration is not right.

P.S. I am using the sammy kernel.

P.P.S. Oh whow some how the leak that I was flashing was LC2 no LD3. Have to pay more attention.
It is normal that you get black screen after sg s2 screen. Just wait 1-2 mins all should be fine

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioAZ View Post
Like I said feed back don't take it personal.let's just stick to giveing feed back on this kernel and not have you get all sensetive like a women. All I said was that the battery life seem to be going very fast that is my experiance you don't like it then that is your problem. So I will leave it at that you move on

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Hi. Im going to kindly ask that you no longer post in this thread since its obvious from your last few posts that you dont play well with others.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flightsimmer
Old
(Last edited by flightsimmer; 23rd April 2012 at 05:28 PM.) Reason: Edit for search solution purposes.
Thanks Meter 47
I installed this kernel last night right after release on AOKP, and didn't have any issues, except for a SOD after I set the minimum clock speed to 100MHz. Since I'm waiting on an important phone call (family member on his deathbed), I swapped back to Siyah for use overnight, just so I wouldn't miss any calls or my alarm for work. Now that I'm at work with a spare phone, I reinstalled the NEAK kernel (after running the kernel cleaning scripts AND manually clearing caches through recovery), but I've run into an issue and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be going on. When I reboot my phone, if I don't immediately unlock the screen and keep moving between home screens or provide some kind of phone input, the phone will completely freeze during the process where it checks the SD card for errors. Once that notification goes away, I can let the phone sit and everything works as normal, but if I leave the phone alone after a reboot it won't finish the error check and I have to power off the phone manually and power it back on to get it working again.

Here's what I've tried.
I removed all of the startup tweaks.
I disabled the CPU settings
I repaired permissions through recovery
I rebooted without my SD card installed.
Cleared caches (regular and Dalvik)

Nothing has seemed to fix the issue. Since it's more or less a "minor" bug (only happens during a reboot), I can live with it, I just have to remember to keep the CPU active during startup.

Just editing this for anyone who searches for this issue. See the solution below provided by simone201. Just delete your thumbnail files from /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails and /emmc/DCIM/.thumbnails and reboot.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5 - SlimKat 4.4.4 / L Preview
Nexus 7 (2013) - SlimKat 4.4.4
Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock Rooted

simone201
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4929

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
I installed this kernel last night right after release on AOKP, and didn't have any issues, except for a SOD after I set the minimum clock speed to 100MHz. Since I'm waiting on an important phone call (family member on his deathbed), I swapped back to Siyah for use overnight, just so I wouldn't miss any calls or my alarm for work. Now that I'm at work with a spare phone, I reinstalled the NEAK kernel (after running the kernel cleaning scripts AND manually clearing caches through recovery), but I've run into an issue and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be going on. When I reboot my phone, if I don't immediately unlock the screen and keep moving between home screens or provide some kind of phone input, the phone will completely freeze during the process where it checks the SD card for errors. Once that notification goes away, I can let the phone sit and everything works as normal, but if I leave the phone alone after a reboot it won't finish the error check and I have to power off the phone manually and power it back on to get it working again.

Here's what I've tried.
I removed all of the startup tweaks.
I disabled the CPU settings
I repaired permissions through recovery
I rebooted without my SD card installed.
Cleared caches (regular and Dalvik)

Nothing has seemed to fix the issue. Since it's more or less a "minor" bug (only happens during a reboot), I can live with it, I just have to remember to keep the CPU active during startup.
Have u tried clearing sdcard thumbnails? Because the mediascanner can suddenly cause those kind of issues

Support my Work, Please
The Following User Says Thank You to simone201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktoonsez
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37727

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201 View Post
Have u tried clearing sdcard thumbnails? Because the mediascanner can suddenly cause those kind of issues
+1 on that.

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945

capathy21
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Just to be crystal clear WITH mic swap is for I9100 based roms and WITHOUT mic swap is for I777 ATT based roms correct? Im only asking since they both said to use with Sammy/Miui.

Thanks

task650
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47260

DONATE TO ME
i take that back. nevermind.

flightsimmer
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
+1 on that.
Thanks guys. I guess I was having an ID10-T moment. Deleted the thumbnail files, and the phone booted up nice and silky smooth
Current Devices:
Nexus 5 - SlimKat 4.4.4 / L Preview
Nexus 7 (2013) - SlimKat 4.4.4
Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock Rooted

Tags
best kernel, blazing fast