23rd April 2012, 03:47 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 56

398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin

how you get gta3 to work properly with controller. my controller can move the character around but the buttons don't do anything. plus I didn't where to map actual hardware controller buttons in gt3 settings.

with gunman Clive, my controller works but the button for jump is merged with shoot. so i can shoot by pressing a button and if I press the button for jump, it jumps and shoots at the same time..lol

I'm going to make a Google Docs of some sort that lists all the controls & button mappings for each game.

But for GTA III, are you using a USB gamepad that's plugged in or PS3 controller via the Sixaxis app? If you're a USB gamepad that's plugged in you'll have to wait a few hours for me to update that google doc. If you're using the Sixaxis app you need to check for two things. Go to Preferences -> Gamepad settings and:
  1. Make sure Enable Gamepad is checked.
  2. Click Edit Mappings and change:
    - "Cross" to "A"
    - "Circle" to "B"
    - "Square" to X"
    - "Triangle" to "Y"
For some reason the developer of Sixaxis has a few of those mixed up.
23rd April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #22  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Get ready to add Max Payne here soon
23rd April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,046

6,980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexmex

I'm going to make a Google Docs of some sort that lists all the controls & button mappings for each game.

But for GTA III, are you using a USB gamepad that's plugged in or PS3 controller via the Sixaxis app? If you're a USB gamepad that's plugged in you'll have to wait a few hours for me to update that google doc. If you're using the Sixaxis app you need to check for two things. Go to Preferences -> Gamepad settings and:

- "Cross" to "A"
    - "Circle" to "B"
    - "Square" to X"
    - "Triangle" to "Y"

im using an old pc usb dual analog stick controller i found laying around(i had forgot i had one). Its a Saitek. It works well for most of my emulators like snesoid & Neodroid(controller works great for playing the many fighting games i have on this). it has a 6 button layout. buttons are numbered versus letters or shapes. i also have two trigger buttons. in those two games i previously listed in other post, how do i map my controller? i can only run in gt3 but buttons don't do anything.

i also can get my controller to work with onlive gaming. is there a way to really activate it or get onlive to recognize it. I'm only able to scroll through menus and such in onlive but when it comes to playing the games, it doesn't do anything. touch controls & my keyboard dock works well on the games.
23rd April 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #24  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
More
"Another World" also works great (and is half off right now, if you're interested).
Last edited by josue85; 23rd April 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: oops, wrong name...
24th April 2012, 09:13 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin

im using an old pc usb dual analog stick controller i found laying around(i had forgot i had one). Its a Saitek. It works well for most of my emulators like snesoid & Neodroid(controller works great for playing the many fighting games i have on this). it has a 6 button layout. buttons are numbered versus letters or shapes. i also have two trigger buttons. in those two games i previously listed in other post, how do i map my controller? i can only run in gt3 but buttons don't do anything.

i also can get my controller to work with onlive gaming. is there a way to really activate it or get onlive to recognize it. I'm only able to scroll through menus and such in onlive but when it comes to playing the games, it doesn't do anything. touch controls & my keyboard dock works well on the games.

Two things to address.

1) You could post a picture of your controller and that would help things somewhat. However, I think as long as you use a "unofficial" controller of some sort then you'll never be able to guarantee compatibility. I really recommend scrounging up as much money as you can and buying a used PS3 controller from your local gaming store. It's wireless, you can use it with a wire, you don't need root to use it (though this method requires connecting with the wire first every time), and you get the added benefit of being able to set up touch profiles with Sixaxis.

2) OnLive only works in games with the official OnLive controller. However, there is an apk floating around of a modded version of OnLive that supports all gamepads. You can find it in this thread here. The caveat is that the guy who did it hasn't released a new version since 1.2, and OnLive is currently on 1.3 which fixed a lot of bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josue85

"Another World" also works great (and is half off right now, if you're interested).

I read this post in a tab that was immediately after reading about this game. I'll add it to the list, and I'm excited to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buxtahuda

Get ready to add Max Payne here soon

Youuuu said it. I'm really excited too. Rockstar did a *fantastic* job with their Android release and gamepad compatibility.
24th April 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

398 posts
More
To add in regards to Another World...

It looks like the developer has released another quality game (I now remember reading about it a few months ago) that has both Xperia Play optimization and Zeemote optimization. This is probably a good sign that it's gamepad-compatible if anyone is interested in that type of game and willing to try it out for me.
24th April 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #27  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
More
I also purchased Virtual Tennis to see if that would work (since it has support for xperia play), but the darn game will not launch (force closes on start). If anyone gets that to work, I'd love to hear how.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josue85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josue85

I also purchased Virtual Tennis to see if that would work (since it has support for xperia play), but the darn game will not launch (force closes on start). If anyone gets that to work, I'd love to hear how.

Keep us updated if you hear anything. That was an Xperia-exclusive for a couple of months. I played the bejeezus out of Virtua Tennis on the original Xbox. Would love to get that going on the Prime. For some reason there's a dearth of good sports games.

If people only realized they could play Madden with a gamepad on a tablet they could take with them wherever they went...
12th May 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 17

61 posts
You can add these to the list as well-

RPG Aeon Avenger
RPG Eve of the Genesis
RPG Grinsia
RPG Symphony of Eternity
RPG Alphadia
Zenonia 4

All of these work with the ps3 controller for me with no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to guardzero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #30  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 439

2,978 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexmex

- "Cross" to "A"
    - "Circle" to "B"
    - "Square" to X"
    - "Triangle" to "Y"

Where are the controller mappings saved once they're created within a game's settings/preferences menu? I still have not been able to get any of the..map files, that I've downloaded from others on here, to work at all and I've placed them in many location per what I've read but still no luck... Thanks for any info about it!

***EDIT: Finally figured it out, and of course I was being a noob and overlooking an obvious step. Lol. The more I learn about Android over the years the more I overlook the simple stuff and start digging deep thinking it must be something more in depth I'm not doing :facepalm

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by stanglifemike; 17th May 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, controller, gamepad, games, native
Previous Thread Next Thread