Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[May 25, 2013][ROM][4.0.4][720p] NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V3.0b [NativeSD]

Tip us?

LNICK
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabusa2007 View Post
Guys, anyone knows how to reboot/switch off? the long-press of the off button doesn't take me the the usual menu...
Which version are you using? Until v1.5 you have to access Medroid option (general Settings) and tick what you'd like to see in power menu. I don't use 1.6 so I can't help with.

dexxa05
Old
Thanks Meter 13
For the people like me who were on 1.5 and didn't know how to upgrade to 1.6.. Just find this on the wiki :

" The easiest way to update is to do a backup in CWR (always do a backup) and then flash your ROM (and if you use cLK, the kernel). There is no need to wipe ANYTHING. "

It work fine for me..

a66b
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Hardware Acceleration (Hacked)

Lot of posts to read, started searching but in case someone would be kind to tell me what means "Hardware Acceleration (Hacked)".

Do that means it'll be slower than my Hyperdroid rom for example?

Thanks.

DarylH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by walts View Post
My question is, is there any alternate way to get into CWM besides holding the power button down. I've tried "Reboot into Recovery" options on several software packages,but they just start the normal boot process with the "Stick Together" screen, and unless the boot software detects the Power button held down, the HD2 boots into the current ROM.

Thanks

Walt
I feel your pain, mine is beginning to suffer the same issue.

One thought comes to mind - set your boot options under MAGLDR to NOT boot directly into NAND or SD, which then gives you the ability to make the choice that you want:
From main MAGLDR menu, choose option 10 - Settings, then option 1 - BootSettings, then option 2 - AlwaysMenu, and at last, the green button - YES

This means that you will always stop at the MAGLDR menu on a reboot, but it also means that you will retain control in the boot process.

Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to DarylH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MTN_HD2
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylH View Post
One thought comes to mind - set your boot options under MAGLDR to NOT boot directly into NAND or SD, which then gives you the ability to make the choice that you want:
From main MAGLDR menu, choose option 10 - Settings, then option 1 - BootSettings, then option 2 - AlwaysMenu, and at last, the green button - YES

there's only 1 problem :> if you do that you'll have to use green/vol up/vol down more

littlezec
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hi tytung,

I've flashed v1.6, and after rebooting it gets stuck at the boot logo screen.

It shows the green htc logo, then goes to boot logo screen and stays there doing nothing more.

It stayed in this screen half an hour, then I took the battery off, restarted, and same behavior.

Am I the only one facing this problem?

Thanks

Phone: Sony Xperia Z (C6603)
Android: v4.3
ROM: eXistenZ v5
Kernel: Stock with TWRP v2.4.3.0
Extra: Unlocked bootloader, no bloatware

Old phones: Xperia Neo (MT15i)

MTN_HD2
Old
Thanks Meter 158
i had random minor restarts with 1.5 , also it was a bit slow so i changed back to tytung's 3.2a GB . does the new version fix those :?
also can someone write a complete review on the improvements . thanks in advance
thank you tytung :> you made me put off buying a new phone for the past year

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Hi tytung,

I've flashed v1.6, and after rebooting it gets stuck at the boot logo screen.

It shows the green htc logo, then goes to boot logo screen and stays there doing nothing more.

It stayed in this screen half an hour, then I took the battery off, restarted, and same behavior.

Am I the only one facing this problem?
i usually do a full wipe(task 29) when something like this happens then flash the system partition a bit bigger than mentioned .

M.Q.
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Default Contacts - Favourite tab

Anyone know why the favorite tab in contacts does not display photos? They show up in contact details and during the call but not in the fav tab.

armato
Old
Thanks Meter 3
camcorder still buggy?

tytung
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by walts View Post
I flashed 1.6 last night and it looks great! Thanks tytung

I had a great deal of trouble getting into CWM. The phone kept booting normally even while holding the Power button down. I've had this problem intermittently in the past, but this time it was worse than ever, and I've read that some HD2s have a hardware problem with the Power button.

My question is, is there any alternate way to get into CWM besides holding the power button down. I've tried "Reboot into Recovery" options on several software packages,but they just start the normal boot process with the "Stick Together" screen, and unless the boot software detects the Power button held down, the HD2 boots into the current ROM.

Thanks

Walt
"Reboot into Recovery" only works on cLK.
Maybe you could consider changing the bootloader to cLK if your power button is not working well.

Since MAGLDR is closed sourced, I think we cannot determine ourselves to use which button to get into CWM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.3, 4.0.4, ics cm9, nativesd, nexushd2, tytung, wifi
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe