2012/08/22【ROM Release】【U8800 Pro】B876_KALO_Extreme (Porting Huawei Honor)

OP kalo86

22nd April 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #991  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 16

87 posts
three types of wipe, and then then we use Titanium to restore ... not a good thing !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingpicus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #992  
Thanks Meter: 1,460

1,345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECC610

But it's the only way to restore apps quickly. I like to try a lot of rom, without Titanium it would be impossible.

Try to install the applications manually , and then restore only data with titanium .......
And for me titanium is a major application , and it sounds very weird , that gives problems ....
Strange , I can't understand that titanium gives problems ....

Sent from my U8800 Pro using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #993  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 68

255 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECC610

I have no jumped any step. I think I found the problem: I reflashed the rom and I tried to reboot the phone before restoring apps with Titanium and it seems that the problem doesn't return; then, i restored apps and the problem returns. Uffffffffff, I have to restore apps without Titanium :S

I guess you did a launcher restore which tried to restore the widgets in the exact previous places they were be. But even if the application is installed, doesn't recognize it's widget(something like ''error'' message).
If so:
Try to restore with Titanium the apps that use the error widgets. Delete these widgets from your homescreens (drag and drop them in recycle bin). Then create the widgets again (long single tap in any homescreen).
Last edited by TUPAC_RIP; 22nd April 2012 at 11:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TUPAC_RIP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #994  
OP Senior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 1,691

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
People, titanium backup restores previous versions of apk files.
Since v2.2 all system applications are quite different because I removed a lot of unused files/folders.
So, if you are flashing v2.2 or v2.3 (they are the same except for the kind of mount /cust) it's not a good thing to restore a backup with titanium.
Of course not a good thing because it's made with Titanium but I just exaplined the main reason.
Titanium will bring problems if you try to restore a backup made before v2.2 or with other ROMs.
I am not saying that Titanium is bad.
You (generic new user) have to wipe and flash v2.3 and manually install all your applications starting from zero.
Otherwise you will have bugs and unstability.
Then you make decision, but please don't write your issue here if you experience problems after a restore with Titanium
I advert you!

Regards
Last edited by kalo86; 23rd April 2012 at 01:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalo86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #995  
Thanks Meter: 234

466 posts
Hello Kalo!Are you about to release a new version soon with any useful improvements or new stuff?

I'm about to install 2.3 and really customize it,tune it and stick with it.I really like your rom and want to follow the updates but it's really difficult to follow up with clean installs every week or so..I know most of users agree with this one.

So are you working on something really useful right now (performance wise) or should i go on with 2.3 ?

Things would be much easier if your releases were updates,without re-installing,it's such a turn-off having to install 50 to 100 apps every time and go through all their settings over and over for each and every one of them.It really takes so many hours.

It would be no prob if i trusted titanium or similar but that is not the case!
So..! 2.3 or wait for some days?!

I really appreciate your work and effort that you put into this project,cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to korekore1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #996  
OP Senior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 1,691

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korekore1

Hello Kalo!Are you about to release a new version soon with any useful improvements or new stuff?

I'm about to install 2.3 and really customize it,tune it and stick with it.I really like your rom and want to follow the updates but it's really difficult to follow up with clean installs every week or so..I know most of users agree with this one.

So are you working on something really useful right now (performance wise) or should i go on with 2.3 ?

Things would be much easier if your releases were updates,without re-installing,it's such a turn-off having to install 50 to 100 apps every time and go through all their settings over and over for each and every one of them.It really takes so many hours.

It would be no prob if i trusted titanium or similar but that is not the case!
So..! 2.3 or wait for some days?!

I really appreciate your work and effort that you put into this project,cheers!

Hi,
Thank you for this post! This is a stable release and I think I'll release a new version by the next month maybe...
So you can install this version without thinking to a new coming release.
Regards
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalo86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #997  
Flag P˙chov
Thanks Meter: 54

70 posts
More
Thereafter there will be ICS version... maybe...

OdoslanÚ z m˘jho U8800pro cez Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #998  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Smile Noob Here.
Hello Kalo. First off id like to thank you for your efforts in puting this together. Im interested in installing it but im having trouble. I follow the steps as mentioned but when i go to step 6. Mount usb storage i get a message like this (E:unable to write to ums lunfile (no such file or directory) therefore im unable to continue. Any idea what im doing wrong?
23rd April 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #999  
Flag Arachova-Greece
Thanks Meter: 195

703 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionisisNr1

Hello Kalo. First off id like to thank you for your efforts in puting this together. Im interested in installing it but im having trouble. I follow the steps as mentioned but when i go to step 6. Mount usb storage i get a message like this (E:unable to write to ums lunfile (no such file or directory) therefore im unable to continue. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Boot into recovery then choose advance/reboot recovery and then do the rest.

Sent from my U8800pro using Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #1000  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by termagazis

Boot into recovery then choose advance/reboot recovery and then do the rest.

Sent from my U8800pro using Tapatalk

Thats what i do i follow all the steps exactly as stated. I have 2.3.5 Official, Kernel 2,6,35,7, B572.

Ok i may have figured it out. I used the 1st update.app to flash not the second one. Ill check again and let you know. Hopefully will work this time.

Edit: Same thing again. with the same message :'(
Last edited by DionisisNr1; 23rd April 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread