Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] broken root after upgrade 2.3.5

Tip us?

dendifelani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] broken root after upgrade 2.3.5

is happen when i upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 with dx2 bootstrap recovery. my 2.3.4 rom is root before upgrade, and is now broken at 2.3.5 rom. the problem is i can't root my dx2 again, cause the superuser is still at my system and su on /system/bin. but my dx2 is not in root. all rooting applacation now failed, cause read only system memory and it can't moddified. and all my root aplication is dennied by supper user (i set allow on superuser setting). i'm trying factorry reset flash again with official 2.3.5 rom. but all failed, superuser seem eternal on my device.

thelowend
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendifelani View Post
is happen when i upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 with dx2 bootstrap recovery. my 2.3.4 rom is root before upgrade, and is now broken at 2.3.5 rom. the problem is i can't root my dx2 again, cause the superuser is still at my system and su on /system/bin. but my dx2 is not in root. all rooting applacation now failed, cause read only system memory and it can't moddified. and all my root aplication is dennied by supper user (i set allow on superuser setting). i'm trying factorry reset flash again with official 2.3.5 rom. but all failed, superuser seem eternal on my device.
... Did you accept the latest OTA update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

trafalger888
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendifelani View Post
When you apply the 2.3.5 update to go to eclipse breaks root....and using zergrush is probably the easiest way to fix that

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit
If I have helped you please hit the thanks button

dendifelani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend View Post
... Did you accept the latest OTA update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

nop, no ota update

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1182
ok, what version, are you using then?
1.3.412?
which root methods? zurgrush or superoneclick

did you read, [ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit)
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

dendifelani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
ok, what version, are you using then?
1.3.412?
which root methods? zurgrush or superoneclick

did you read, [ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit)
doomlord or zergrush