FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] broken root after upgrade 2.3.5

22nd April 2012, 05:22 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
is happen when i upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 with dx2 bootstrap recovery. my 2.3.4 rom is root before upgrade, and is now broken at 2.3.5 rom. the problem is i can't root my dx2 again, cause the superuser is still at my system and su on /system/bin. but my dx2 is not in root. all rooting applacation now failed, cause read only system memory and it can't moddified. and all my root aplication is dennied by supper user (i set allow on superuser setting). i'm trying factorry reset flash again with official 2.3.5 rom. but all failed, superuser seem eternal on my device.
 
 
22nd April 2012, 11:03 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendifelani

is happen when i upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 with dx2 bootstrap recovery. my 2.3.4 rom is root before upgrade, and is now broken at 2.3.5 rom. the problem is i can't root my dx2 again, cause the superuser is still at my system and su on /system/bin. but my dx2 is not in root. all rooting applacation now failed, cause read only system memory and it can't moddified. and all my root aplication is dennied by supper user (i set allow on superuser setting). i'm trying factorry reset flash again with official 2.3.5 rom. but all failed, superuser seem eternal on my device.

... Did you accept the latest OTA update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 02:03 PM |#3  
trafalger888's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendifelani

is happen when i upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 with dx2 bootstrap recovery. my 2.3.4 rom is root before upgrade, and is now broken at 2.3.5 rom. the problem is i can't root my dx2 again, cause the superuser is still at my system and su on /system/bin. but my dx2 is not in root. all rooting applacation now failed, cause read only system memory and it can't moddified. and all my root aplication is dennied by supper user (i set allow on superuser setting). i'm trying factorry reset flash again with official 2.3.5 rom. but all failed, superuser seem eternal on my device.

When you apply the 2.3.5 update to go to eclipse breaks root....and using zergrush is probably the easiest way to fix that

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 03:00 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Older 235 update info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=225

Latest ota
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=92
23rd April 2012, 08:52 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

... Did you accept the latest OTA update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2


nop, no ota update
23rd April 2012, 03:27 PM |#6  
sd_shadow's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,730
 
Donate to Me
More
ok, what version, are you using then?
1.3.412?
which root methods? zurgrush or superoneclick

did you read, [ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit)
23rd April 2012, 05:43 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

ok, what version, are you using then?
1.3.412?
which root methods? zurgrush or superoneclick

did you read, [ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4.0](zergRush Exploit)

doomlord or zergrush
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes