Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Touchscreen issue

OP fayrarri

22nd April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton, MI
Thanks Meter: 67

196 posts
More
Hey guys, so the touchscreen on my shift keeps creating deadspots where if I touch in a certain area it won't register the touch. It is more noticable on AOSP roms, I'm running UKE right now and it also occurs on cm7.1. On sense roms I haven't noticed it but I haven't really used sense roms as much as AOSP. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
22nd April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6,954

10,227 posts
More
Try a Sense Rom, and check. Then if that does not work. RUU back to Stock. If you still have the issue, it's time to take it back to Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton, MI

196 posts
More
Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)
22nd April 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan

10,227 posts
More
Try what I suggested in that order. If you have to RUU, and still have the issue. Then my bet is it's hardware related.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,132 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayrarri

Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)

If you can replicate the issues for Sprint that will be good for you, I had the same issue and now every so often either the whole screen will quit working for however long it decides to not work or I'll have the issues where I can't hit a key. I've had the whole screen not work for about 3 days then it magically started again

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton, MI

196 posts
More
I've been running newSense and the problem hasn't come back so far, so perhaps my phone just doesn't like AOSP roms lol. Although ever so often on newSense my status bar disappears and the phone becomes laggy, then 30 seconds later it returns and everything goes back to normal
23rd April 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan

10,227 posts
More
Try rebooting the device every few days. It will help with the lag that you experience after a few days. A cache cleaner isn't a bad idea either.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread