XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viruses?

Tip us?

ice.candi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Viruses?

I've been getting a lot of trojan virus on my pc lately, and although avg seems to be doing it's job they just keep popping up...is it a bad idea to be using putting roms on my sd from it and using odin? I don't want any of these virus issues transferring to my phone...i know when i plug my phone into odin for download mode it doesn't always recognize it and i have to do it a few times...I've noticed that since the last time i flashed to ics and went back to cm7 I've suddenly been having some weird issues with cm7 that I've never had and it's the same dl I've always had on my sd...ran a virus scan and nothing (except some airpush bs)...any input? I want to flash the new aokp build but worried about using my pc and having my phone run as poorly as my laptop

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice.candi View Post
I've been getting a lot of trojan virus on my pc lately, and although avg seems to be doing it's job they just keep popping up...is it a bad idea to be using putting roms on my sd from it and using odin? I don't want any of these virus issues transferring to my phone...i know when i plug my phone into odin for download mode it doesn't always recognize it and i have to do it a few times...I've noticed that since the last time i flashed to ics and went back to cm7 I've suddenly been having some weird issues with cm7 that I've never had and it's the same dl I've always had on my sd...ran a virus scan and nothing (except some airpush bs)...any input? I want to flash the new aokp build but worried about using my pc and having my phone run as poorly as my laptop

avg is garbage...microsoft security is where its at and free. That being said, scan the file before you push it to your phone.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

bobloblaw1
Old
(Last edited by bobloblaw1; 23rd April 2012 at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 401
In any case a windows virus would not effect android in any way shape or form. It is possible to spread the virus to another windows machine if you use your phone as a mass storage device. I also suppose it is possible that the virus could modify the zip file but that would likely cause an md5 failure.

Format your PC and start fresh. Once a system is compromised there's no other reliable method to ensure it is clean.