Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,966 Members 50,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS on Rogers Caller ID coming up as unknown

Tip us?

AlonB.
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda0289 View Post
This seems to be the most annoying thing with the ICS ROMs, I'm on SKY-ICS. I have noticed it work with calls comming from other rogers customers but not with calls from other providers. I don't really wanna call rogers and cancel name display since it is a nice feature.
You have noticed correctly. I read the same thing somewhere else and also tested it out myself to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens View Post
Except it's not just an ICS-Superlite issue.
Then it has to be a source code issue, and won't be fixed until the source is released. I'm on sky ics now and experiencing the same thing. Its an inconvenience but I'd rather live with it for now and wait a bit until it's fixed, than remove name display on rogers' end...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

lockdown10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doesn't seem like there is much development specifically for I727R and this call display issue. Anyone else going to give it a few weeks to see if there is a fix?

JoeSmoo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I called Rogers 3 weeks ago and just had the name display turned off, I'm not holding my breath for a quick fix to this. Really its pretty minor and I haven't given it a second thought since I called Rogers and things started working ok again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

mblade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i wonder if the CNAP fix from another rom to the framework on ics will work for us.

slim94
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had to call rogers and ask them to remove the name display. Numbers showing up for me too now.

They also added me to some call-back list as to when this is resolved. Apparently an issue with most LTE devices from what he told me, i never mentioned anything about being rooted and on ICS.

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3297

DONATE TO ME
Default my caller id works

i used "SKY ICS--- 4.2D-9 (4/28/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!!" rom by seanzscreamsm, my caller id works, lte works too, i used the UCLD2 modem

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
i used "SKY ICS--- 4.2D-9 (4/28/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!!" rom by seanzscreamsm, my caller id works, lte works too, i used the UCLD2 modem
damn, now its happening to me, some calls that r in my contacts r coming up as "unknown"

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
damn, now its happening to me, some calls that r in my contacts r coming up as "unknown"
i need called id, didnt want to call rogers, flashed back to rogers using the sammobile stock tar for rogers (worked perfect and no counter being registered) , will probable wait for official ics, plus gb works really fast as is, will just costomize gb to get what i want

steeven01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
This has now been fixed in the new ucle2 leak. The fix is in the Android 4.0.4 change log.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Can anyone else confirm if Caller ID is fixed?