Originally Posted by fvelli1
This will neither work!
I'm not able to flash anyting to my phone using flashtool!
Have been away this easter, therefor the late reply
Hello, I just recovered a friend's phone from this problem. Nothing worked before but I found the solution, at least for me.
First I want to tell what I tried:
- Flashing with PC Suite
- Flashing with PC Companion
- Flashing with FlashTool
- Flashing with SETool Box 2
Nothing worked. Mainly because the dumbass of my friend tried to update latest version while it failed (don't know if battery problem, cable or whatever).
The problem is that it just hanged in "Sony Ericsson" screen and not recovery possible.
And when flashing I got:
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ER R_DYNAMIC="SIN header verification failed"
=== Now how I solved it ===
What I did is download the u20i1.6 binary fron XDA developers. It said it's a zip but it's just a RAR.
I had to uncompress it in a folder. And create a bundle with FlashTool with those files. I will try to upload this.
Then I flashed it. It worked without the error.
- At the time of writing this. I upgraded the phone with the PC Companion but
- after updating the phone just got hanged again. It just flash red light when
- swithing on. I don't know why. Have to see.
- Update: Was not hanged I just had to force off (long press on the power button) and then on. The PC Companion finished updating.
- Update: Flashed last version and now SETool Box2 is not able to unlock. Better to stay on 2.X.
For roms and other tools
Found the 1.6 original ROM URL
I uploaded the ROM here:
Hope it helps