Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone heating up

Tip us?

gargoyle_48770
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i have a powerskin case with my skyrocket and it gets that hot all the time when i am charging my phone and playing games at the same time

divasdahal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Cell phone heating

Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by divasdahal View Post
Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....
Get the new leak, it's better anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

FhakaYu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine also heats up only when I play games, charge it, and downloading stuff at the same time. Heats to like past 110 Fahrenheit. I just turn off my phone and stick it in my refrigerator for 5 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
Main Device: HTC One [RED]

Previous Devices: Nokia 3390, Nokia 3220, Nokia n76, Nokia n85, Iphone 3GS, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Xperia X10, Samsung Galaxy S1 {T-Mobile}(Vibrant), Samsung Galaxy SII {AT&T}(Skyrocket), HTC One x {AT&T}

gokartracer5
Old
Thanks Meter 31
This happened to me on the first leak. I found that it was exchange mail causing the problem. Once I stopped using it, the battery drained much less and did not get hot anymore.
Phone: Samsung GS4 (AT&T KitKat 4.4.2 NC1 Not Rooted)
Smart Watch: Samsung Gear Fit

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FhakaYu View Post
Mine also heats up only when I play games, charge it, and downloading stuff at the same time. Heats to like past 110 Fahrenheit. I just turn off my phone and stick it in my refrigerator for 5 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
Not sure if serious
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigpapy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by divasdahal View Post
I will highly recommend you to flash this ROM if you want to have a long battery life!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602216

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIutha_RuSSia View Post
Why is my phone heating up to 107 degrees when I use the market, internet, and reddit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Have you try to clear the memory? maybe you have alot of stuff running on the background.

kishke
Old
Thanks Meter 200
One thing I noticed today is by reducing the screen brightness to the minimum the phone requires significantly less power and is not heating as much.
Today while driving home from uni with gps and charging it barly got to 40 degrees Celsius (sorry im using this but you americans always have to be different, start using the metric system!), while usually it gets to 47+ asap and then stops charging.
Although today wasn't as hot as always so maybe it helped a bit.