Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Terraria For R800

Tip us?

crono141
Old
Thanks Meter 32
From the farewell message on the Terraria boards, it looks like he's going to open source it soon. Until then, he points out that the jars are not obfuscated for a reason.

Also, intellectual property must be defended. If he chooses not to defend it, then there's no foul, just the potential for trouble down the road.
R800X with GBTweaked/DooMKernel v02 and 1.5 gb Link2SD

retrogrymlyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Open Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono141 View Post
From the farewell message on the Terraria boards, it looks like he's going to open source it soon. Until then, he points out that the jars are not obfuscated for a reason.

Also, intellectual property must be defended. If he chooses not to defend it, then there's no foul, just the potential for trouble down the road.
Well, I probably won't release it until it becomes open source. If I do want to release before then, I will message the Devs.

Andronom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i would definitely play and donate. would be very cool.

Nucklez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Count me in! I've been eyeing that game for a while, just haven't tried it yet.

beeradg
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Simple as pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikz View Post
Good luck converting the XNA mess that is Terraria into Android OpenGL or PSS SDK Graphics Rendering.
Thanks for the (post) wish of good luck... I've done it.. for the most part. I've only spent about 12 hours on it.

I can't post links until as I don't have eight posts... Google "bagearon android terraria" and you can get to my blog post with more info, video, and more to come.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beeradg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

retrogrymlyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeradg View Post
Thanks for the (post) wish of good luck... I've done it.. for the most part. I've only spent about 12 hours on it.

I can't post links until as I don't have eight posts... Google "bagearon android terraria" and you can get to my blog post with more info, video, and more to come.
Told you guys it was completely possible! (: I've been doing this in monogame builds. So far I've put about 9 hours or so into it. (Haven't had insane amounts of time, as I am 17 and studying for highschool finals.) Dare to beat me to it?

beeradg
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Business application developer for hire :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogrymlyn View Post
Told you guys it was completely possible! (: I've been doing this in monogame builds. So far I've put about 9 hours or so into it. (Haven't had insane amounts of time, as I am 17 and studying for highschool finals.) Dare to beat me to it?
Depends on what beating you to it means? A stable, fast, playable version? Or a working client? If its the later, I've got that . Heh heh. Nonetheless, I'm always up for a challenge. Please note I'm a business application developer, .net by nature. That meaning two things -
one: this code is HORRIBLY dirtier than what I'm used to
two: well... the obvious... while I've optimized code, not yet have I ever stuck a stopwatch in to count fractions of a millisecond.

but eh, I'm a super quick learner .

I take it you come from a similar background?

retrogrymlyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I'm a highschool student known for being the "hacker of the school" usually using some kind of distribution of linux I like to crack into things.
I got into programming three years ago starting with java because of minecraft.
I'm almost 18 years old.
I'm mostly done with the client as well, however the gui is messed up and npcs suck and mono doesn't like sound.

retrogrymlyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Oh and a stable fast version of the game. Working on most devices running android

retrogrymlyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Or of course we could work together? Somehow...

Sent from my R800x using XDA