5,603,920 Members 42,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can WP handle live-streaming video apps?

Tip us?

sensboston
Old
(Last edited by sensboston; 23rd April 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
Nope, you are wrong. He wants to have "livestreaming of games". I don't watch games but I'm pretty sure there are no free live broadcasting of the Red Sox or Bruins games on Ustream and Justin.tv, for example.

P.S. 2 OP: you should mark your question as answered 'cause WP can handle live streams. Your second question "why I can't find app/service for that" is a different question

Gloamin
Old
(Last edited by Gloamin; 23rd April 2012 at 07:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Fair enough! I guess this is what confused me...
Quote:
An then there is sites such as Ustream, justin.tv etc that doesn't seem to be available on the platform.

If I remember there was a 3rd part Ustream app, but watching livestreams didn't work.
Regardless, I guess it's a discussion for another thread. Thanks for your clarification regarding live streaming and WP7, it's something I've been wondering about as well!

And again, to OP, the developer for FlashVideo for WP7 has stated that he will add support for several "live sports streaming sites", I don't know if there is anything of interest to be found there but still worth a mention I feel.

sensboston
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
By the way, as for temporary solution you may use Skype and broadcast live event yourself from the home PC equipped with video capturing board and connected to your cable box