FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] KFU Root "failed" --> Now how to unroot the device? (read)

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Dicoluc, Junior Member on 19th April 2012, 03:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wanted to root my kindle fire so i followed the instructions in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889

(Kindle Fire utilities)

The procedure worked perfectly but...several apps tells me that the device is not rooted and the file system is read only.

I downloaded OTA rootkeper and that's what I see:

The device is rooted but I don't have any permission?

So I wanted to root because I wanted the Google Play marketplace and the tool has failed because I see every google app but the marketplace (yes I'm using a custom launcher).

Now I want to UNroot, just turn to the out-of-the-box defaults and be able to view my amazon prime videos.

I used the adb method to unroot the device from the windows command prompt but it says that I can't make any changes, again, because I have no permission (read only).

Can you please help me to get rid of this?

Thanks

20th April 2012, 09:36 PM |#2  
Flag Cando
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
The only way to 'unroot' that I know of is reflashing the stock software from amazon... get TWRP on it and try that.
23rd April 2012, 09:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicoluc

I wanted to root my kindle fire so i followed the instructions in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889

(Kindle Fire utilities)

The procedure worked perfectly but...several apps tells me that the device is not rooted and the file system is read only.

I downloaded OTA rootkeper and that's what I see:

The device is rooted but I don't have any permission?

So I wanted to root because I wanted the Google Play marketplace and the tool has failed because I see every google app but the marketplace (yes I'm using a custom launcher).

Now I want to UNroot, just turn to the out-of-the-box defaults and be able to view my amazon prime videos.

I used the adb method to unroot the device from the windows command prompt but it says that I can't make any changes, again, because I have no permission (read only).

Can you please help me to get rid of this?

Thanks

From the way you explain, I'm sure that your KF is rooted but Superuser is not is *not* install. So just install it.

adb install Superuser.apk

To unroot, remove Superuser, remove /system/xbin/su, and rename /system/bin/check_rooted.bak to check_rooted

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)