Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] stuck in HBOOT, S-On, unrooted, no buttons work

OP cehf

23rd April 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 41

158 posts
More
I did some thinking and thought that getting it to boot by trying and failing to use an RUU, downgrading it, rooting it there, and then flashing another rom would solve my problems.

I managed to get to downgrading and rooting the phone, but after apparently flashing cwm through rom manager, I turned off the phone and tried to boot into recovery by vol down + power. Those are the buttons I use to boot my g2x into recovery, and through searching I didn't find any other combos for the g2.

That didn't work. I got sent to fastboot again, and no buttons work. I then tried RUU again, and this time it worked, booted. I turned it off and back on to see if it would actually load the rom this time. Alas, fastboot screen again. Still no working buttons.

I tried the PC10IMG.zip again. It flashed, but when it says <Press power to reboot> and I press power, I get sent to fastboot.

I pretty much consider this phone a lost cause, but if anyone has a suggestion that might help, please tell!
23rd April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 14

121 posts
More
I can only tell you that I have same problem, just happened to me y/d and I am stuck on white HTC logo not having adb access and can not flash any stock rom for signature errors. not sure how to continue. thread is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614042, good luck for both to solve it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread