OP overground

19th April 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 736

1,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overground

Is kwes1020 the only one who knows how to use the thanks button? Jussayin.

Why use the thanks button when the information posted has been provided elsewhere and directly from LG, not through another download website? The links I've provided for the various .kdz files, including V21e and V21y are for downloads directly from LG. There are two versions of V21e for which I've provided both links and the V21y LG link still works. I've also provided a link to LG for the WIND mobile and Videotron .kdz files. There's too much duplication of the same information which confuses and causes the same questions to be asked over and over and over... again. I think different single topic "stickies" are necessary for posts of firmware and the method(s) of installing them so that anyone who wants that information has a specific place to get it.
19th April 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #12  
OP Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Flag Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Thanks Meter: 1,300

5,346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

Why use the thanks button when the information posted has been provided elsewhere and directly from LG, not through another download website? The links I've provided for the various .kdz files, including V21e and V21y are for downloads directly from LG. There are two versions of V21e for which I've provided both links and the V21y LG link still works. I've also provided a link to LG for the WIND mobile and Videotron .kdz files. There's too much duplication of the same information which confuses and causes the same questions to be asked over and over and over... again. I think different single topic "stickies" are necessary for posts of firmware and the method(s) of installing them so that anyone who wants that information has a specific place to get it.

I didn't know V21e was posted elsewhere, or I wouldn't have wasted the time to upload it. This was done per request. I also linked to your v21y thread.
Don't really know why you've been so conflict prone recently, but I'm not enjoying it.
Why don't you write up one thread that contains all, PM me with the link, and I'll sticky it?
Last edited by overground; 19th April 2012 at 09:05 PM.
21st April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #13  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 736

1,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overground

I didn't know V21e was posted elsewhere, or I wouldn't have wasted the time to upload it. This was done per request. I also linked to your v21y thread.
Don't really know why you've been so conflict prone recently, but I'm not enjoying it.
Why don't you write up one thread that contains all, PM me with the link, and I'll sticky it?

The G2X forum needs a thread only for LG/T-Mobile provided firmware update files (.kdz, etc.) and another one for successful firmware installation methods which have commenting locked-out. That would eliminate duplication and no one would need any acknowledgment as the source of the firmware updates. Successful installation methods would be verified and discussed in a separate thread only for that purpose.
23rd April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #14  
OP Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Flag Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Thanks Meter: 1,300

5,346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

The G2X forum needs a thread only for LG/T-Mobile provided firmware update files (.kdz, etc.) and another one for successful firmware installation methods which have commenting locked-out. That would eliminate duplication and no one would need any acknowledgment as the source of the firmware updates. Successful installation methods would be verified and discussed in a separate thread only for that purpose.

Like I said, make one, get me the link and I'll sticky it and lock it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread