[ROM]VIPERrom[RESURGENCE] Beta Up! Now with moar theme. EI22

Search This thread

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
ScorpionsHomeOpener.png

NASL comes to San Antonio today ..... SPURS win NBA SW Division and gear up for Play-Off run .... only thing missing is new ViperROM :p

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Rigged up my epic to work.

I have no speakerphone, no headphone port and no buttons for power and volume rocker, but alas, I have returned.

Will be posting something very very very soon [next couple days].

I've based this rom off of FC09.
AOSP was something I desperately wanted to do, but without hardware it is impossible. I apologize.

As for the delay, i've had a slew of personal, professional and Epic hardware issues. Sorry guys.

I made a promise, and i will follow through!

205blgi.jpg

Last edited:

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
You STILL can't run MTD???

Maybe Odin back to EC05, then climb your way back up the ladder?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Tried... I did get the peoples rom 2.0 mtd to boot... but instantly started rebootng and then wouldn't boot bck up.. don't know what going on... having trouble with custom bml roms now too... getting annoying...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Rigged up my epic to work.

I made a promise, and i will follow through!

:D Good 2 Hear From U Again .... Looking Forward 2 Sum VIPER Awesumness ! :D
ViperTexasEpic4G.png

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Well, ladies and gentleman it is a sad day for me.

After weeks of struggling with my epic, i've managed so break the flex cable that attached the digitizer to the board.

Unfortunately, this means the end of my epic development. I do not have the funds to purchase a phone for development use, and to have a donation begging thread would literally make me sick. I'm not that kind of developer. Hell I'm not even that talented of a developer, and would rather people spend their money donating to Cyanogenmod, the CM Epic team, XDA, and the various other institutions which make our phones break through to their full potential.

This forum [the Epic 4G forum] has been one of the best experiences of my internet life. Thank you all for your support over the past year. It's been an awesome ride.

I'm sorry to let the viper fans down. I wanted nothing more than to make you all happy.

Until next time,
StarskyROB

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

After weeks of struggling with my epic, i've managed so break the flex cable that attached the digitizer to the board.

Unfortunately, this means the end of my epic development. I do not have the funds to purchase a phone for development use, and to have a donation begging thread would literally make me sick. I'm not that kind of developer. Hell I'm not even that talented of a developer, and would rather people spend their money donating to Cyanogenmod, the CM Epic team, XDA, and the various other institutions which make our phones break through to their full potential.

This forum [the Epic 4G forum] has been one of the best experiences of my internet life. Thank you all for your support over the past year. It's been an awesome ride.

I'm sorry to let the viper fans down. I wanted nothing more than to make you all happy.

Until next time,
StarskyROB

I know that we all appreciate EVERYTHING you have done for this community! Your work will truly be missed! Wish you luck on everything life holds for you in the future!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: starskyrob

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
That sucks Starsky! I was looking forward to your FC09 version. Maybe someone upgrading to the G-nex will feel generous. But thank you for all you have done here and all your efforts!

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
That is very unfortunate news. Been working on the viper synergy theme that I was gonna release after you dropped the fc09 version:(
Your work will truly be missed. Thank you for all your hard work and good luck with whatever is next for you.
Maybe Kenny could finish up the viper from for us;) but I know he is a very busy guy now. Wishful thinking none the less. RIP viper :(
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Starsky, you have done more for us than you will ever know. Thank you for bringing back Viper to us, and for all your other contributions as well. You are enshrined in the OG Epic HoF, and will be truly missed. We will never say "goodbye", as you are one of us forever. Live long and prosper!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE RETURN OF VIPERROM

UNDER CONSTRUCTION Work In Progress.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    This ROM will convert your phone's NAND memory partition layout to MTD, and filesystem to Yaffs2. If you don't know what that means, find out.*
    Guess what? Your warranty is void.

You flash this ROM completely. at your own risk. StarskyROB is not held liable if your phone gets bricked, if your warranty is now voided, or if your phone transforms into Megatron and eats your family.

StarskyROB is not held responsible for bugfixes or releases.*

This ROM uses the Linux kernel which falls under the GPL.*
    Source code for Kernel is found at the thread linked at the bottom of this post.

Source code for Samsung's EI22 build can be found at opensource.samsung.com

[/SIZE]
    A Beta is Released with a theme! Test test test test.
    Almost there, folks.
    Serpenty Goodness:

Your favorite ViperROM addons such as Viperpad, Viperwheel, and ViperDialWidget

PLUS:

CIQ Removed
    Opensource MTD Partition Map
    YAFFS2 File System
    Shadow Kernel
    Overclock / UV up to 1.4ghz [Voltage Control Compatible]
    Voodoo Sound*
    Voodoo Color*
    *download Voodoo Control from Android Market (free version)
    Kexec support
    Built-in TUN, CIFS, FUSE, & TCPMSS
    Rom Manager Compatible
    Extended Power Menu
    Keyboard Skips Fixed
    CRT OFF
    HOTSPOT HACK
    VOLUME ROCKER MOD
    SGS4G ADRENALINE TWEAKS
    init.d Mounting of Swap Partition
    BUILD.PROP TWEAKS
    GPS FIX
    BATTERY 1% MOD
    OVERSCROLL
    SUPERUSER PERMISSIONS
    DeODEXED
    Zipaligned on boot

TeamVIPER may not be around so much, but I am happy to fill in and bring this great project back to life, and up to date with the latest and GREATEST from our community.

Download from Rom Manager! or:

Themed Beta Build:
    ViperROM Resurgence Beta 1.0.0

OLD Unthemed Alpha Build:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wkxxxd849mmtvgb

Thanks To:
    The Original Viper Team for your amazing innovative Roms for our amazing device, and blessing to continue your work. It's been a pleasure updating your great work.
    Rodderik for your tons of contributions to the android community.
    DRockstar for making our device supported by CWM again, and the 4000000 other contributions to the community.
    Google for Android. Seriously. Google. Thanks.
    Linus Torvald for obvious reasons.
    The Testers and Users who've inspired me to keep my Epic and keep Dev'ing.
    toadlife for your contributions to the epic community, and for always being helpful. Not to mention your reboot text fix.
    RandomKING for your tweaks, mods and knowledge.
    Maddoggn for your relentless hacks to our framework.
    Marcsuant - Amazing Themeing. Thank you.
    Chris41g for the hotspot and vol hacks.
    The CM Epic4g team for opening our device to a whole new world and Yet Another Flash File System [2]
    bbelos for another awesome kernel.
    and many many many more i've left out.

Until next time,
    StarskyROB
    who said i'm not working on this?

EL30 MTD with a proper theme is being worked on. :]
    Update tomorrow.. New kernel. Themed. Beta status.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    Huge changes to plans. Aosp build coming.

Do you like ice cream?

I prefer mine sandwiched.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium