XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Refund of tablet

Tip us?

gooser91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Refund of tablet

I have some questions to anyone who has returned their tablet to ASUS for a refund.

1. When did you get a refund?

2. Why did you refund/What did Asus say?

3. Who organized your refund?

I have swapped out my Prime 3 times with Asus, and on my fourth and last swap, I received a tablet with dead pixels and EXTREME light bleed. It seems to me that Asus is using extremely low quality displays in this tablet.

So, I initiated a refund, and haven't heard anything since I gave my information.

Wonder how long it takes to hear back about sending the prime in? My prime and dock are sitting with me in their boxes, but I haven't heard anything about shipping it back?

Thanks!

rcatron
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
I should think that, being on your 4th prime, they should respond - and refund - immediately and with no questions asked.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

almightywhacko
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Four Primes?! Why did you even bother?

gooser91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywhacko View Post
Four Primes?! Why did you even bother?
Haha i wanted the prime so bad. But I'm not paying 650 for it unless its perfect, so I tried and tried. Believe me I'm at the very end of my limit with this tablet.

jh120
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I got a refund check a few days ago. My HDMI port stopped working, my dock wasn't assembled right and clicked a bit when you held it, and I had the standard GPS and WiFi issues. I had initially emailed ASUS's "escalation mailbox" and didn't get a reply for a long time so I PM'd Gary Key (the ASUS rep on this forum). He put me in touch with Hai Trat who offered me the refund that I'd requested. I emailed him copies of my receipt and within a few days I was told to send the tablet to their Fremont CA office with a prepaid Fedex label. I was issued an RMA number but it never worked with the RMA status checking site. Hai said I could contact him for status updates, and he was always very responsive. I sent it in on March 29 and got my check April 16. Compared to some people's refund experiences on here, it seems like mine went unusually smoothly...

MK17
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Mine also went pretty well. I sent in my Prime and it sat in RMA for over a month. I contacted Asus and told them I was expecting more of a 14 day turn around. He told me he would get back to me (yeah right... right?).

The next day (Friday) I got an email stating that they were having a parts supply issue and would refund me. On Monday I received a call after I didn't reply asking if I had got the message and considered the offer. He talked me through different options and scenarios and I told him that I would think about it and get back with him soon.

A couple days later a Prime became available on Amazon so I took it and immediately started my refund procedure with Asus. I sent everything back and I waited a week after it arrived at there facility to call (mostly because I was busy). I received a prompt reply that the check was in the mail.

TheWerewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Unfortunately, Asus shipped many of the first batches to smaller retailers with explicit 'no refund' policies. In fact, my retailer had me sign a waver to that effect. I originally brought it back because of the GPS problem before finding out how common the problem was and they basically said I could send it back to Asus but that could take months... or they could swap it with the next available unit - which, it turned out, ALSO took over a month.

By then I realised the swapping it wouldn't fix the GPS problem so I cancelled the repair request.

Fortunately - GPS aside, it's been working well (knock wood).

gooser91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWerewolf View Post
Unfortunately, Asus shipped many of the first batches to smaller retailers with explicit 'no refund' policies. In fact, my retailer had me sign a waver to that effect. I originally brought it back because of the GPS problem before finding out how common the problem was and they basically said I could send it back to Asus but that could take months... or they could swap it with the next available unit - which, it turned out, ALSO took over a month.

By then I realised the swapping it wouldn't fix the GPS problem so I cancelled the repair request.

Fortunately - GPS aside, it's been working well (knock wood).

I am refunding it through Asus, not a retailer.