MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

2.6.35.7 vs 2.6.32.9 kernel

24th April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natsuke

I'm on latest edowar's CM7, got lag issue when playing Temple run on 35.7 kernel, but then after I set the I/O governer to Deadline, and CPU gorvener to smartassv2 or interactive X, it seems better.

From my experience with this rom, the gpu lib is not very good to play HD games (got so much lag when playing Asphalt 6, but not dungeon defender 3), or very much like fast moving graphic game like temple run. I've test to install the older gpu lib from 32.9 kernel (just the gpu lib, not the kernel itself), it gave me back low nenamark2 value, but the lag is gone like 32.9 kernel cm7, however, it seems making the fast locking gps not to be that fast anymore (wonder why, still need to play2 around again).

About the wifi, it really piss me off as it will brings the phone to sleep of death each time it goes to sleep although I set the wifi sleep policy to 'never'. however, the workaround would be to install Advanced Wifi Lock from the market for now.

finally someone else who feels the same wayabout the gpu lib!

thanks for the wifi suggestion bro!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread