FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[Q] rom manager?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By carenot77, Member on 22nd April 2012, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm so gosh darn proud of all you developers! Without you guys I'd so be up a creek :) I just got the one and only AT&T I717 NOTE and now currently running the one and only sourom (much thanks indeed given to those part , and there fine works of art- willing to let us flashahaulics deal with our addiction the safest way possible!) Quick question regarding rom manager...... When flashing clockwork recovery from rom manager...What system do you choose? I had my infuse prior to this beast and the galaxy i9ooo was the one to use...... help with choice so I can become a recovering addict instead of fixing issues all the time! Thanx a $);# ton. Fillercrackin77
 
 
22nd April 2012, 06:51 PM |#2  
sag7392's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lee's Summit, MO
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Coming from an EVO, I used ROM Manager quite a bit to flash ROMs. But if you already have the latest clockworkmod, you don't need to use that feature. Just throw whatever you want to flash on the sdcard and use ROM Manager to boot into recovery or you could use Titanium Backup to boot into recovery. Either way, you get to recovery without holding the buttons. Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...
22nd April 2012, 10:28 PM |#3  
lactardjosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 300
 
Donate to Me
More
The Note is not supported by ROM Manager.
22nd April 2012, 10:32 PM |#4  
studacris's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sag7392

Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...

Yup you did. The toggles in the drop down, one of them is reboot, clicking on that will bring up another prompt asking if you want to simply reboot, or reboot into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 11:57 PM |#5  
sag7392's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lee's Summit, MO
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Thanks for chiming in...I knew there had to be a multi-stage reboot with Unofficial...deleting ROM Manager.
23rd April 2012, 05:42 AM |#6  
braway's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
MN
Thanks Meter: 708
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sag7392

Thanks for chiming in...I knew there had to be a multi-stage reboot with Unofficial...deleting ROM Manager.

you can always try this as a "replacement"...

it doesn't have all the features, but well... :P
The Following User Says Thank You to braway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 07:39 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sag7392

Coming from an EVO, I used ROM Manager quite a bit to flash ROMs. But if you already have the latest clockworkmod, you don't need to use that feature. Just throw whatever you want to flash on the sdcard and use ROM Manager to boot into recovery or you could use Titanium Backup to boot into recovery. Either way, you get to recovery without holding the buttons. Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...

A few developers have warned against using ROM Manager to any capacity on the Note. Some people have run into errors when flashing roms just from booting into recovery via rom manager. i would avoid it at all costs. just use the vol down+vol up+power combo...its the safest bet for now....
23rd April 2012, 03:16 PM |#8  
studacris's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068
 
Donate to Me
More
If you must have an app... Flappjaxxx, a fellow collective member, has an app called power tool on the market with power options, such as reboot recovery, reboot download, ect...

Quickboot also does the same thing, but power tool is prettier, and it was written by a note owner/developer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 10:13 PM |#9  
Harry GT-S5830's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236
 
More
ROM manager hard bricks a few phones if you flash wrong recovery, be careful.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA
24th April 2012, 04:29 AM |#10  
vinnyjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

If you must have an app... Flappjaxxx, a fellow collective member, has an app called power tool on the market with power options, such as reboot recovery, reboot download, ect...

Quickboot also does the same thing, but power tool is prettier, and it was written by a note owner/developer

I just downloaded powertool, works great and it has it all. Used to use quickboot, worked good but powertool is made for the Samsung phone. I have the paid version of Rom Manager, too bad it has not been updated for the Note.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes