Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bing Maps frustrations

Tip us?

sinister1
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSUmmers View Post
Interesting. Maybe it's whatever certain APIs are exposed to the mobile Bing app? Clearly, the web version has some kind of auto correction the mobile version doesn't/can't access.

Btw, how come you didn't question why it was placing the marker on the green side of a mountain?
That is a shame that Microsoft's own secrutity retrictions on API's is making Bing Maps crap. MS needs to get off of it's high horse and stop retricting the phone so much and then maybe they will sale more. I'm still not happy with the fact that you have to listen and tap for the next instructions on it agg even my old crappy WM6.0 had a better map navigation than this.

drokkon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
That is a shame that Microsoft's own secrutity retrictions on API's is making Bing Maps crap. MS needs to get off of it's high horse and stop retricting the phone so much and then maybe they will sale more. I'm still not happy with the fact that you have to listen and tap for the next instructions on it agg even my old crappy WM6.0 had a better map navigation than this.
Weird. You're not the first person to mention this, but I, for one, don't have to tap for the next instructions.

drokkon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzevious View Post
I guess they must have fixed this, I got linked to this discussion from another thread, yet when I tried it on my HD7 (TMOUS 8107), it automatically corrected it for me from the bing maps search and showed me the same thing the web app does (although it didn't warn me like the web app that it was corrected). Just for giggles I emailed the address to myself to see if it was a link related thing and got the same correct result. I noticed how old the thread is but just wanted to say that it looks like it was fixed at some point (which is an assumption since I never got to see it broken). Perhaps the partnership with Nokia included address resolution logic changes?

4010 Silverheels Dr, Silverthorn, CO 80498
Thanks for reviving this thread. You are correct - I went to the original text message I received from way back in December, the one with the misspelled address that Windows Phone was smart enough to recognize an address and hyperlink to maps. Sure enough, I tapped it and it now points to the correct location.

I guess this is a server side fix, because heaven knows AT&T hasn't sent me an update for my Titan since December.