Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Privacy protection for your DX2!

Tip us?

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; 23rd April 2012 at 09:47 AM.) Reason: wording was confusing
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Doing some reading through the whole app thread, there is an issue with the current 1.32 putting 90% of the ROMs though a boot loop.

It is okay! I found an app that may help. hxxp://www.xda-developers.com/android/botbrew-used-to-port-pdroid-to-more-devices/

All we need is to have someone who knows the source of one of the ROMS put in a opkg to install it through this app. I, unfortunately don't know that much of C coding to write the patch into our ROMs like that.

kenjesse
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Well it worked for me so I'm hoping it will work for the rest of you. I used the 1.31 version of Pdroid to create the patched zip files and it worked. Good luck and remember NAND BACKUP before you do anything...

Also I did not wipe anything after flashing the patch file... and lastly it takes a few minutes for the phone to get past the cm7 boot animation so be patient.
“Life is about chasing dreams, if you’re not, it's hard to argue you're living.”
Me (years ago during a lucid moment)

Sprint Galaxy SG3
Moto DX2 (retired)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenjesse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Worked like a charm. 1.31 patch will work with market version of app (1.32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjesse View Post
Well it worked for me so I'm hoping it will work for the rest of you. I used the 1.31 version of Pdroid to create the patched zip files and it worked. Good luck and remember NAND BACKUP before you do anything...

Also I did not wipe anything after flashing the patch file... and lastly it takes a few minutes for the phone to get past the cm7 boot animation so be patient.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Bumping just because this is an awesome app that some newer people might not know about.

Follow the directions and enjoy your new found device privacy controls.

PnoT
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone have a patch for Eclipse v2.3?

The creation of the patch with patcher 1.31 / 1.32 worked fine but upon applying I just get an Exit code (0) statement. I've posted in the PDRoid forum with no results.

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnoT View Post
Anyone have a patch for Eclipse v2.3?

The creation of the patch with patcher 1.31 / 1.32 worked fine but upon applying I just get an Exit code (0) statement. I've posted in the PDRoid forum with no results.
Hmm. Did you make sure the md5 was correct on the rom download?

I'll give it a shot (making a patch) when I get home from work, but that will be about 6 more hours

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

PnoT
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserChicken View Post
Hmm. Did you make sure the md5 was correct on the rom download?

I'll give it a shot (making a patch) when I get home from work, but that will be about 6 more hours

Yea, the md5 on the eclipse 2.3 matches and it's what I used to create the patch. I've read a few reports of people being successful with patcher 1.31 and other with 1.32 so I tried both to no avail.

PnoT
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjesse View Post
I'm pretty sure I got the right rom.zip for eclipse 1.3... anyway here are the patch files. Be sure to NAND BACKUP!!!!!!
The patches do not work on my Eclipse 1.3 and just errors out with Status(0) just like the 2.3 patch did. I wonder what's going on??

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I finally had the chance to try making a 2.3 patch, sadly, I got the same error. Maybe on the weekend I can try the alternative method. It would be nice to have this patch for Eclipse. Pdroid is way better than LBE.

PnoT
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserChicken View Post
I finally had the chance to try making a 2.3 patch, sadly, I got the same error. Maybe on the weekend I can try the alternative method. It would be nice to have this patch for Eclipse. Pdroid is way better than LBE.

I completely agree with you but the only ROM that patched for me out of Eclipse 1.3/2.3/ CM7 was CM7 and I like Eclipse better

Hopefully you can save the day with a working patch!