Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S-OFF Help!

OP Marshmellow92

24th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #21  
Flag Bengkoeloe
Thanks Meter: 10

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsthabest

I didn't run any ruu. Didn't relock my bootloader nothing like that. The simplest and least likely way of messing anything up I found was extract the ruu for ics. There will be a zip.called Rom.zip. I removed the hboot update itself (we don't need that one) from the zip. Then I.did fastboot reboot OEM-42. Fastboot flash zip Rom.zip.

Took a few minutes to flash. Rebooted and everything was working. The hboot I have is already higher (the one they included with juoponutbear) then the is update. But you need to get the new firmware from the ruu fo be flashed still.

Follow the guide previously posted and you should be fine tho. I just used a slightly different method to do.it myself

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

please, tell me what version of HBOOT u have, from juopunutbear.
24th April 2012, 09:42 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
I'm not sure if i know enough about S-OFF but want to try Dark Raider Rom now. What is the big advantage with doing S-OFF first? From what i understand i could also flash Dark Raider without S-OFF but then i have to flash the kernel separately?
24th April 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #23  
Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,219

1,277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi1984

I'm not sure if i know enough about S-OFF but want to try Dark Raider Rom now. What is the big advantage with doing S-OFF first? From what i understand i could also flash Dark Raider without S-OFF but then i have to flash the kernel separately?

The main advantage is being able to flash Roms and the boot in recovery or the Rom supports it.

My kernel now supports both s-off and non s-off phones

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
I'm confused about boot.img and kernel... Is it not the same?

I thought if somebody tells you to flash boot.img that means flashing a kernel?

And what you mean supports both? I think it's just the question how we get the kernel (S-OFF from recovery, S-ON with fastboot)....
24th April 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #25  
Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,219

1,277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi1984

I'm confused about boot.img and kernel... Is it not the same?

I thought if somebody tells you to flash boot.img that means flashing a kernel?

And what you mean supports both? I think it's just the question how we get the kernel (S-OFF from recovery, S-ON with fastboot)....

A boot.IMG is comprised of the kernel as well as the ramdisk.

By supporting both I mean that to flash from recovery they need to have the appropriate code in their update script otherwise only the Rom will be installed. Most developers have had this code in their rims from day one. It just didn't installed the boot.IMG because there was no s-off.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread