Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phonejoy Gamepad - What do you think?

Tip us?

Xander_90
Old
Thanks Meter 1
sorry for the wrong thread.. i am using a miui rom right now and i managed to connect with sixaxis my ps3 pad and here is my question; if i change rom the sixaxis will continue to work? because i remember that in the past when i was using virtuous sense v2.0.0 sixaxis didn't work..

thanks in advance

automattic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sixaxis doesn't work on any sense Roms and can be quite picky regarding a roms Bluetooth stack

Phone joy seems to work on pretty much anything. Not even root is required.
six-axis does indeed have touch emulation but it seems like the analog stick functionality is superior on the phonejoy

Each device has its own pros and cons

sheamus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am currently using Sixaxis on Shadowgun. I would never have played more than a couple levels of the game using on screen controls, but with sixaxis I look forward to playing it everyday.

There is some weirdness with it though, and I am not sure if it is shadowgun, or the controller. It doesn't seem to like multiple button presses. Most noticeable when pressing reload, and trying to shoot right away. The shoot button is not registered, until you release and re-press it.

I need another controller and am tempted by the Phonejoy. Does anyone know if the Phonejoy has the same issues on Shadowgun?