Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Motorola Defy charging stuck at 10% and unlock

Tip us?

sheikhumar93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Motorola Defy charging stuck at 10% and unlock

Hey guys, I just received an old Motorola Defy. It works perfectly fine but has got a problem with charging. I have plugged it in for more than 3 hours and it still show Charging 10%. The battery fails to charge to more than 10%. The mobile has no T-Mobile branding, neither on the phone itself and neither on the box that came along with it. But when I switch it on it shows the T-Mobile logo after the motoblur animations. Right now, sim cards other than T-Mobile are working perfectly fine, but I was thinking of doing a Factory Reset to get rid of all the junk that the previous owner installed on this phone. A friend also recommended this to see if the battery problem goes away but I am afraid that the phone will get locked and I do not have any unlock codes for this phone so it would be disastrous for me.

The details are as follows:
System Version: 34.906.1.MB525.T-Mobile.en.GB (so I think it is the UK version)
Firmware Version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: EPU93_U_00.59.02
What should I do guys? Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. How to turn off Cellular Data on this phone because as soon as I turn off the wifi it starts eating up my Data.

rishi2100
Old
(Last edited by rishi2100; 23rd April 2012 at 07:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
To turn data off - go to settings...battery and data manager...Data delevery...from here turn off data enabled.

For your first problem...
If you are Rooted, try deleting battery stats first...

If not, root it and delete battery stats...(You can do it by installing battery caliberator from market)...

If this doesn't wort, keep faith on XDA members

sheikhumar93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I bought it from a local store here in Pakistan. They said if I root the device I would lose my 6 months warranty. These guys provide their own warranty for devices that are imported from other countries. I do not understand whether this is really a T-Mobile UK version as it says so in settings (and the startup screen) or a retail version as it says on the box SM,MB525,GB,RETAIL,LIC (it does not have any T-Mobile branding on the box or the phone itself). I think the retail version should be factory unlocked, shouldn't it be? But then why does it show T-Mobile?

rishi2100
Old
(Last edited by rishi2100; 23rd April 2012 at 07:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
If its in warranty, then why don't you give your defy to service center...
They may know better...

BTW i think you can unroot your phone by using superoneclick...but search first for this on xda ...i will not be responsible for anything happens to your phone...

sheikhumar93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, I will take it to them tomorrow. It went down quickly from 10% to 0, when I recharged it again, it got stuck on 5%. I checked the phone's battery with another app from Google Play that didn't require Root Access and it said that the battery was in good condition but couldn't calibrate it until the battery was charged to 100%. Tough luck! Thank You for your reply, do you know why this phone is showing T-Mobile while on the box it says RETAIL?

KarlosEdw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikhumar93 View Post
Yeah, I will take it to them tomorrow. It went down quickly from 10% to 0, when I recharged it again, it got stuck on 5%. I checked the phone's battery with another app from Google Play that didn't require Root Access and it said that the battery was in good condition but couldn't calibrate it until the battery was charged to 100%. Tough luck! Thank You for your reply, do you know why this phone is showing T-Mobile while on the box it says RETAIL?
Can you try with other charger?

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

sheikhumar93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlosEdw View Post
Can you try with other charger?

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
Yeah tried charging it with an iPhone 4 charger but it still does not charge beyond 5%. I think either the micro-usb cable is not functioning properly or the usb port on the phone because when I plug this into my macbook the charging status was changing quickly from Charging to Connect your charger again and again. I will take this to the store and report back!

sheikhumar93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, it was the micro-usb cable. The store gave me an HTC cable for free and now everything is working superbly. Did a factory reset and the phone is still unlocked. Thank You guys!

L7iharsha
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikhumar93 View Post
you know why this phone is showing T-Mobile while on the box it says RETAIL?
Because The sellers where you have bought the phone they have been imported mobile from UK and then unlocked and sold it to you..that's it if possible visit moto service center or if your friends have defy then try to charge your defy battery in their mobiles and check it or charge with boosters..