Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

PLX kiwi bt with Torque??

OP xavier6303

24th April 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #11  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
More
Red face
Or use Mobilscan (mobilscan.dk) adapter and software from same company works great on my MR-S
24th April 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #12  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 359

1,449 posts
Donate to Me
More
get a vgate adapter from ebay v1.5 for 25-30$ plus the premium otrque app, so for 30$ you get a great system for car diag
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-VGate-Min...item3f0eb88d0a

works perfectly and all sensor work very well, had this for over a year and i dont reget it
25th April 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #13  
Flag Winterpeg, Manitscoldout
Thanks Meter: 12

17 posts
More
OBD-II tool
I bought Torque as soon as it came out and its a great little tool and good fun but if you have serious diagnostic work to do the ScanXL packages are really solid and have licensed support for manufacturer specific PIDs.

A few years ago, before I had an android phone or torque existed. I picked up a scantool.net OBDLink bluetooth/usb adapter - they're a fair bit more expensive than the ebay units, but can read way more PID's per second, which probably isn't useful unless you're running a copy of the ScanXL software.

For day to day stuff Torq + ebay bt adapter make me feel dumb for spending all that cash, ug.
25th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 32

408 posts
I dunno about the ebay adapter but Im very happy with my plx. Sure I spent more but it got great reviews...maybe the other cheaper ones work but Im happy. Torque just fixed the themes too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread