5,814,981 Members 39,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PLX kiwi bt with Torque??

Tip us?

NiJunge
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Or use Mobilscan (mobilscan.dk) adapter and software from same company works great on my MR-S

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
get a vgate adapter from ebay v1.5 for 25-30$ plus the premium otrque app, so for 30$ you get a great system for car diag
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-VGate-Min...item3f0eb88d0a

works perfectly and all sensor work very well, had this for over a year and i dont reget it

IndiNix
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default OBD-II tool

I bought Torque as soon as it came out and its a great little tool and good fun but if you have serious diagnostic work to do the ScanXL packages are really solid and have licensed support for manufacturer specific PIDs.

A few years ago, before I had an android phone or torque existed. I picked up a scantool.net OBDLink bluetooth/usb adapter - they're a fair bit more expensive than the ebay units, but can read way more PID's per second, which probably isn't useful unless you're running a copy of the ScanXL software.

For day to day stuff Torq + ebay bt adapter make me feel dumb for spending all that cash, ug.

xavier6303
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
I dunno about the ebay adapter but Im very happy with my plx. Sure I spent more but it got great reviews...maybe the other cheaper ones work but Im happy. Torque just fixed the themes too.
At&t Galaxy Note 3