5,601,062 Members 48,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The One X : Coming to AT&T May 6! Finally a suitable replacement for the Aria!

Tip us?

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
And for $199, It's a steal! I'd be a fool not to get it. I have been due for an upgrade since this month. I am 100% sold on this phone. I try not to think about it though because my nerves get the best of me. It's so long until the sixth!

Perfect time too because the Aria is really starting to show its age. Once I upgrade, the Aria will be a dedicated GPS.
E.Cadro Old
Thanks Meter
Yea the $199 is def a great price for this beast

Sent from wherever I am!

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Just pre-ordered this baby this morning! Will arrive at my doorstep on the fourth! The Aria forums are a wonderful community, and I can only hope that the One X forums are even half as friendly!

lsusparky621
Old
(Last edited by lsusparky621; 24th April 2012 at 02:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Saw an article today saying there was a promotion at AT&T to get it for $149. I definitely agree that the dual-core is better for "real world" use over the Tegra 3.

Unfortunately for AT&T and HTC, I am going to be switching to Verizon when the SGS3 comes out, unless it is just a complete bust, which I really don't see happening. Verizon has a far more widespread LTE network and much better customer service. I think it's funny how AT&T advertises that their LTE network is faster, but fails to mention that there are far fewer LTE users on their network than Verizon. If AT&T had the LTE traffic that Verizon does, there is no way they would have faster speeds. *steps down from soap box*

Edit: Throwing this out there...I bet the SGS3 gets root and full CM9 support in less time from its release date than the One X. Any takers?
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Task650 AOKP with Ktoonsez kernel
HTC Aria S-OFF with CM9
Hit the THANKS if my post helped

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsusparky621 View Post
Saw an article today saying there was a promotion at AT&T to get it for $149. I definitely agree that the dual-core is better for "real world" use over the Tegra 3.

Unfortunately for AT&T and HTC, I am going to be switching to Verizon when the SGS3 comes out, unless it is just a complete bust, which I really don't see happening. Verizon has a far more widespread LTE network and much better customer service. I think it's funny how AT&T advertises that their LTE network is faster, but fails to mention that there are far fewer LTE users on their network than Verizon. If AT&T had the LTE traffic that Verizon does, there is no way they would have faster speeds. *steps down from soap box*

Edit: Throwing this out there...I bet the SGS3 gets root and full CM9 support in less time from its release date than the One X. Any takers?
Oh no doubt! SGS has quite a following! And I would totally be on that boat, however I am not about to wait around for six months for the phone.

tomtommy306
Old
Thanks Meter 360
I have an sgs2 skyrocket but am eyeing that one x very hard. I miss the build quality of hTc. Samsung just doesn't feel as good in the hand.

AOKP WALLS -----> HERE
CM WALLS ------> HERE

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtommy306 View Post
I have an sgs2 skyrocket but am eyeing that one x very hard. I miss the build quality of hTc. Samsung just doesn't feel as good in the hand.
HTC Build quality is def top notch. Sammy phones have thin plastic, but that wouldn't bother me as I will always use a case...so it wouldn't feel too cheep.

lsusparky621
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelebz View Post
Oh no doubt! SGS has quite a following! And I would totally be on that boat, however I am not about to wait around for six months for the phone.
You really think it will be 6 months from now until carriers offer it? I was thinking it would become available in June sometime.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Task650 AOKP with Ktoonsez kernel
HTC Aria S-OFF with CM9
Hit the THANKS if my post helped

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsusparky621 View Post
You really think it will be 6 months from now until carriers offer it? I was thinking it would become available in June sometime.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
Well, that is what happened with the SGSII

tomtommy306
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelebz View Post
Well, that is what happened with the SGSII
+1 October to November release probably.

AOKP WALLS -----> HERE
CM WALLS ------> HERE