Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bounty] Help get Drew Garen a Flyer !

Tip us?
 
Cor-master
Old
(Last edited by Cor-master; 24th April 2012 at 12:56 AM.)
#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis IN
After ics is built someone can just make a kang build later with sense. The most important thing is a solid vanilla build to base other builds off of. Personally I love sense on my phone but it just doesn't play nice with the flyers hardware, adds lag that it could do without. I'd rather just have a nice vanilla or cm build personally.

Btw will this build support all models?

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA
 
drewgaren
Old
#62  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3200
Posts: 673
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
After ics is built someone can just make a kang build later with sense. The most important thing is a solid vanilla build to base other builds off of. Personally I love sense on my phone but it just doesn't play nice with the flyers hardware, adds lag that it could do without. I'd rather just have a nice vanilla or cm build personally.

Btw will this build support all models?

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA
After I have built ICS I will will work on Sense version as well. The first version will be ICS however.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I have started a new set of test compiling. I have redone major edits to the whole build directory. I have redone qcom display, framework, external libraries, htc devices and all necessary vendor files have been redone and are still work in progress, the build folder has been redone so no errors will happen now, added new hardware files, fixed development, fixed htc common files and a ton of other changes. All of this will be uploaded to my github account within the next few days.

I will also be leaving for Florida on Sunday and I don't have internet there so I have to barrow my neighbors Wi-Fi and it's extremely slow. I will be downloading all of the big files needed and get it by then and continue to work.

We should have ICS soon, I have made huge progress in the last few days!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mohitster
Old
#63  
mohitster's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 65
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren View Post
After I have built ICS I will will work on Sense version as well. The first version will be ICS however.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I have started a new set of test compiling. I have redone major edits to the whole build directory. I have redone qcom display, framework, external libraries, htc devices and all necessary vendor files have been redone and are still work in progress, the build folder has been redone so no errors will happen now, added new hardware files, fixed development, fixed htc common files and a ton of other changes. All of this will be uploaded to my github account within the next few days.

I will also be leaving for Florida on Sunday and I don't have internet there so I have to barrow my neighbors Wi-Fi and it's extremely slow. I will be downloading all of the big files needed and get it by then and continue to work.

We should have ICS soon, I have made huge progress in the last few days!
More Power to you! Best of luck!
 
Cor-master
Old
#64  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis IN
That is excellent news. I'm really excited about this. Good luck and thanks!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA
 
lawguy
Old
#65  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 315
Join Date: Nov 2011
I would just urge everyone to support drewgaren with some donations. I know that I don't work for free, I'm sure that you don't, and neither should he. ICS isn't going to be made by itself. Someone's hard work it going to have to create it.
 
out2l8
Old
#66  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Just sent another $15.00

Looking forward to your project!

Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to out2l8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drewgaren
Old
#67  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3200
Posts: 673
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Errors and Updates

I just checked my order status and I should get my Flyer tomorrow. As for compiling I have found out that for some reason I keep getting undefined errors regarding gralloc in the frameworks_base_lib_gui this needs to be fixed, I have fixed a majority of it but there is a still a part that is not fixed. That is not the big problem. The big problem I ran into is that I was compiling this on Mac and I realized when I got further along in the build the my Mac was pushing out errors in the build. I will be working in Linux from now on so I no longer run into errors that I would receive from a Darwin atmosphere. This way I'll have Lion, Snow Leopard, And Ubuntu on my MacBook Pro and more then enough power to compile this. I will run into less errors compiling on Ubuntu.

I have downloaded the kernel source for honeycomb from HTC and will be working on that separately for ICS. If I am going to do a project I want to be functional, especially in a device that I think has full potential.
The Following User Says Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
freak4dell
Old
#68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 711
Join Date: Aug 2008
I know you prefer to have a device, but if you could do a version for the View as well, that would be great. They're different from the Flyer, but they're not terribly different, and IIRC, the kernel source for Honeycomb was released for the View, too. Right now, the problem we Honeycomb users have is that we don't really have any developers who can do kernels. We have ones that are capable of doing ROMs, but the kernel seems to be the giant obstacle in the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jsimonson0
Old
#69  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 186
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell View Post
I know you prefer to have a device, but if you could do a version for the View as well, that would be great. They're different from the Flyer, but they're not terribly different, and IIRC, the kernel source for Honeycomb was released for the View, too. Right now, the problem we Honeycomb users have is that we don't really have any developers who can do kernels. We have ones that are capable of doing ROMs, but the kernel seems to be the giant obstacle in the way.
It's not about preferences; full testing would be impossible without an actual View device. He'd have to rely on someone with a View to do even the most basic testing, let alone bugfixes.
 
freak4dell
Old
#70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 711
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimonson0 View Post
It's not about preferences; full testing would be impossible without an actual View device. He'd have to rely on someone with a View to do even the most basic testing, let alone bugfixes.
My point is that it's not impossible. I know developers who do work out things without having the device in question. Yes, of course, it's never 100% foolproof like it would be if they had the device, but Drew will have a device that's very similar.

Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes