Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New ROM :: 407 OFFICIAL GB ROM IS OUT

Tip us?

Mieki
Old
(Last edited by Mieki; 24th April 2012 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the links. I dared to reflash it and now it's on a continous loop of the dell logo. Gonna try to redo everything again. Hope it works out fine.

EDIT: Odd, I still get the Dell logo. Whenever I remove the battery to reboot it due to freezing at logo, the recovery reverts to 347/00. Redownloaded 407 and the necessary recovery/amss/dsp1 with it and still nothing.

Is 10 mins long enough after putting in the 407 Recovery and Rom?

gabriel30
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieki View Post
Thanks for the links. I dared to reflash it and now it's on a continous loop of the dell logo. Gonna try to redo everything again. Hope it works out fine.

EDIT: Odd, I still get the Dell logo. Whenever I remove the battery to reboot it due to freezing at logo, the recovery reverts to 347/00. Redownloaded 407 and the necessary recovery/amss/dsp1 with it and still nothing.

Is 10 mins long enough after putting in the 407 Recovery and Rom?
OK,

1. recovery mode (volume up+down+power)
2. factory reset
3. flash update

let me know if this dont help you, then try something else
The Following User Says Thank You to gabriel30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mieki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Alright, here's a step by step of what I've done so far

1) Reflash amss/dsp1/recovery to 407

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

4) Get stuck at Dell screen logo.

I've seem to have done all the steps correctly. Default nv checked #2 comes out everytime I flash the recovery to 407, is this important? I tried to google it but nothing important comes out.

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

I've seem to have done all the steps correctly. Default nv checked #2 comes out everytime I flash the recovery to 407, is this important? I tried to google it but nothing important comes out.
Try reformatting t the internal SD

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to cdzo72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mieki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
Try reformatting t the internal SD

Any way to do it without prying the phone open? It's not really an option for me right now.

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Any way to do it without prying the phone open? It's not really an option for me right now.
I got to mine by removing t that little piece of plastic... Takes about 5 minutes with a hobby knife

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel

anzhar
Old
(Last edited by anzhar; 25th April 2012 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

hi

I upgraded from 351 to 407 in about 45 mins, I just followed this post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=452

do what he did

go into fastboot

flash 350 recovery

reboot into recy (dont let phone boot up) flash 350 rom, which you need to save in your sd card as update.pkg

reboot when its all done

setuo your wifi, leave for a few minutes and you will get notification upgrade available, then just select ota update.......

Mieki
Old
(Last edited by Mieki; 25th April 2012 at 08:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
I got to mine by removing t that little piece of plastic... Takes about 5 minutes with a hobby knife

Yeah, still can't do any physical alteration to the phone. Tried using a 351 copy as well, also hangs up on the dell logo and returns to the white screen reverting back to the emergency copy. Read the last 15 pages, done everything step by step and made sure the files are right via md5 hashes but still no dice.

EDIT: Finally got it working again! Had to flash streakmod and clear all the caches. Thanks for all the help!

laksamba
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorphous View Post
After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.
while trying to root... mine gets stuck in dell logo... any suggestions?? i am using the olleh rom, 407.

warboat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Noob step by step 407 & CM7 upgrade

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=216