Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacement Data Cable

Tip us?

rammyboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Lightbulb Replacement Data Cable

I notice that the USB cable for the Spice-Mi410/Ideos X6 is not the regular mini-USB connector. I am thinking of getting a replacement data cable (to keep in my office in case I need to charge the phone). Where can I find one or what are the replacement options I have?

Thanks...

whyzee
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Are you sure its not generic, because I thought all android phones have same usb socket. I remember using a LG cable sometime in the past.......

nayneshdev
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Ahh its generic i always use my brother's samsung cable, they are all alike afaik.

Sent from my MacLite-FB0 using XDA

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 690
hi
it is very much available at any local mobile shop i got one for use at office
Thanks,
Hari

Samsung Galaxy Grand 16GB with wife
Samsung GalaxyNote 10.1" N8000 32GB SD
Lenovo P780 8GB version 32GB SD

When Rajnikanth enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on,......... he turns the dark off.

rammyboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
@whyzee, @nayneshdev: I tried with a samsung Galaxy cable and I couldn't fit it in. I haven't tried with other brands (Android phones). I will do that.

@haree: Will check the local mobile shops. I usually asked them for a cable giving my model name (which they didn't recognize ).

ardX
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammyboy View Post
@whyzee, @nayneshdev: I tried with a samsung Galaxy cable and I couldn't fit it in. I haven't tried with other brands (Android phones). I will do that.

@haree: Will check the local mobile shops. I usually asked them for a cable giving my model name (which they didn't recognize ).
it's not miniUSB, it's microUSB, same as new gen Blackberry phone and almost all android phone. I have 2 android phone and 1 blackberry that using same usb cable to charging or connecting to pc
PS: don't be confused with micro-HDMI type-D port that close to microUSB port in our device XD
I am not 'thanks' hunter
Still noobs on android

whyzee
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:

are you sure your usb socket of your phone is not faulty? make sure your clear that up too because triumph phones have had this problem....

paarkhi
Old
Thanks Meter 474
Any MicroUSB cable is compatible with this Phone, I'm using Nokia N8's Data Cable because mine I forgot at my Bro's house (1000Kms Away) so can't go again only for the cable and as this is already working so I didn't tell him to send through Post (Courier)

rammyboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee View Post
are you sure your usb socket of your phone is not faulty? make sure your clear that up too because triumph phones have had this problem....
The data cable that came with the box works, I think there is no problem with the USB socket. I will try the microUSB cable as suggested by ardX

nayneshdev
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
The data cable that came with the box works, I think there is no problem with the USB socket. I will try the microUSB cable as suggested by ardX
yes it is not mini-USB but a micro usb. I think mini USB is mainly used in portable hard drives.