Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] mr72's CM 7.10 (or 7.20) NC setup

OP mr72

24th March 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #71  
Flag Princeton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Thank you yet again. In Settings/Storage I see exactly those values which you have provided. I am content and consider this issue, arising from 'Pilot Error', to be solved. I am more than satisfied with your help and the installation of CM7 on my NC.

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium
27th March 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Love this setup and I can see the improvement on my battery life, this is just what my overworked NC needed. Thanks MR72. But I've got a problem and I don't know if it's related to the roms used for this, or something else entirely. I've been trying to set up my corporate exchange email account but have had no success with any of the apps that are supposed to handle these emails including Touchdown. I've searched everywhere and no one else seems to have this problem. My IT dept. couldn't figure it out and I've tried the CM7.1 and the latest CM7.2. If this has nothing to do with these roms then just ignore this but any help would be greatly appreciated.
27th March 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #73  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 122

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtramsay

I've been trying to set up my corporate exchange email account but have had no success with any of the apps that are supposed to handle these emails including Touchdown.

I can assure you it is not related to the CM7.x ROM or any of the settings I suggested.

I also have corporate exchange set up and working just fine on my NC using just the stock Android email and calendar apps. But Exchange is not universal to set up and doesn't really interact with other things predictably. It took some tinkering to get mine to work and I am sure it will take such tinkering to get yours to work as well. However, this is not the right place to discuss that. I'd head over to the Themes and Apps forum and ask there.
7th April 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Hey Guys
Need some help here as my nook is no more booting. I followed the instruction to repartition in Step 15. Did these two steps
Boot into ClockworkRecovery with the above SDcard inserted in the Nook Color.
Install the repartition package from the SDcard, to repartition /data (0p6), /cache (0p7), and /media (0p8). (just select install from and selected the repartition zip - did I do something incorrect here?)
Mandatory REBOOT into ClockworkRecovery.
However once I did reboot into ClockworkRecovery initally my nook booted with the cynaogen boot figure but then it shutdown and now it does not even boot. I tried pressing power + N button but still it does not boot. Any suggestion how to recover it

Thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravip_27

Hey Guys
Need some help here as my nook is no more booting. I followed the instruction to repartition in Step 15. Did these two steps
Boot into ClockworkRecovery with the above SDcard inserted in the Nook Color.
Install the repartition package from the SDcard, to repartition /data (0p6), /cache (0p7), and /media (0p8). (just select install from and selected the repartition zip - did I do something incorrect here?)
Mandatory REBOOT into ClockworkRecovery.
However once I did reboot into ClockworkRecovery initally my nook booted with the cynaogen boot figure but then it shutdown and now it does not even boot. I tried pressing power + N button but still it does not boot. Any suggestion how to recover it

Thanks for your help

Updating my own message.
Was able to resolve it by leaving the nook for 5 minutes and then booting with an old bootable microSD card and then swapping it with the data card with the repartition card in it.
19th April 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #75  
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 9,871

6,998 posts
First let me say thank your for this guide that actually has working links. My wife got a NC the other day and I have been reading and searching and downloading but am finding some of the older posts with dead links (especially some stickies).

She got the NC off Ebay and right now it is running a modified version of 1.4.1 and I have tried both Rack's Dual Boot (CM7/9) and Honeycomb both to no avail for some reason. Was able to boot into both of them, sign into market and download max of 5 apps and then FCs everywhere (both Gapps and non-Gapps across the board and yes I wiped and fix permissions). At first I thought it was the MicroSD, so I switched them, then a bad download, so I re-downloaded them. Nothing.

She really wants an inexpensive "tablet" and I think that this is the way to go for her right now. I have a Transformer and she wants to be able to do "some" of the same things that I can. I've already explained the limitation between the two devices, so she's cool with that.

My question is this. Once we have repartitioned the internal to the 2+4 and say something goes haywire and she wants me to put NC stock or some other ROM on it, will the internal get repartitioned back to "normal" when I reflash those ROMs? Basically, I am asking if I repartition using your zips and I want to try another ROM for her, is there going to be any backlash or wonkiness because of your restructuring of the internal EMMC? If so, how can I get is back to whatever normal is? It isn't like you can use a partition wizard is it?
19th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #76  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrube

First let me say thank your for this guide that actually has working links.

You are welcome. Glad it is useful.

Quote:

My question is this. Once we have repartitioned the internal to the 2+4 and say something goes haywire and she wants me to put NC stock or some other ROM on it, will the internal get repartitioned back to "normal" when I reflash those ROMs? Basically, I am asking if I repartition using your zips and I want to try another ROM for her, is there going to be any backlash or wonkiness because of your restructuring of the internal EMMC? If so, how can I get is back to whatever normal is? It isn't like you can use a partition wizard is it?

First of all, you know other people created these zip files and things. I just collected the links and came up with a repeatable method to make it work together.

Anyway, as far as I know, flashing ROMs is not going to impact the partition scheme, nor will it be impacted by the partition scheme. You are not reparitioning the part of the memory where the ROM is written, you are just repartitioning what would be essentially user data space.

If you want to get back to "normal", you can use the other partitioning scripts that are in the same post as I linked to for the 2+4GB partition scheme. The 2+4GB is not stock, but there were more than one stock partitioning scheme out there so you can restore to one or the other of them if you like, noting that the process is destructive and potentially you may one day wind up with more data in the backup of one of the partitions than what will fit in your restored partitions. That's kind of the point, FWIW.

If you find you have to restore the whole thing to stock (like, you are selling it to someone who prefers it to be stock) then you may desire to repartition it back to stock layout, but there really is no practical reason you have to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #77  

6,998 posts
Done and done. Thanks again.

I do have a question though. When I went to swap out my emmc/external and put it in my PC to copy a file over, I had to reboot for it's contents to show up. I already had my Titanium folder and some pictures in there and after I put my card back in, neither TB nor QuickPic was able to read the External without a reboot. I thought one of the reasons to redo the partitions was so that we could inter-change Micros at will?

Now that I think about it. The CM7 ROM was only able run while a card was inserted. So making the new 4g partition aleviated that hurdle (/sdcard). A reboot to recognize isn't the end of the world, I am just making sure I didn't miss anything. Plus I could probably just mount it to the PC through the NC and do it that was, but it was late and I wasn't thinking straight.

My wife is indebted to you for making this guide. I know the links and zips were others' but this guide made it about as easy as it could be. Even for someone with my experience who tends to do things the hard way so I can learn better (or by mistake).

Now that hers is done, I am off to solve the dreaded ICS Encryption Error bug that is hitting phones world wide. Actually using Rack's Dual Boot gave me the error and a massive clue on the how and why it hits, without ever doing any damage to my wife's NC. But alas that is another story for another thread.

Thanks again,
Wood
24th April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

486 posts
More
I don't know about Titanium backup or your other app. Really unknown where they are trying to store their files. I have Ti and it doesn't store any info on the sdcard. However, I don't swap my sdcard often. It just has media files on it and that is it. Whole idea was to be able to rip movies etc. on my computer straight to the sd and put it into the NC. Some apps may misbehave, I don't know about that
24th April 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #79  

6,998 posts
I think you are missing me here. With Titanium, you can choose where you want it to store your backups (Internal sd, external sd - it is in preferences) and the other, QuickPic is nothing more than a replacement gallery. You can have QP scan the directories you want and not others that you don't, unlike stock Gallery. So i have pictures on my external that she uses and I have QP set up to only scan those directories that I chose.

sidenote: I have found it very valuable to keep my Titanium folder on my removable sd bc if I have it on my internal device and something borks it, all my back ups are gone. With it on the removeable, you can always move files to and fro your PC in case anything drastic happens.

The problem I am see ing that thay say I rip a movie straight to the sd and put it in the NC, it won't show up in my files until I reboot. Not sure why and like I said, it isn't really an issue, just thought it was supposed to be able to swap in and out at will (just mounting in settings).

All is good. She was getting the freezing issue, so I uninstalled BW and checked her governors and all is well for now. Thanks again for your coordination of the files and putting it all together.
9th June 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 52

255 posts
More
Are you still using MiRaGe - KANG ROM on your own Nook? Any recent problems?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread