Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Seidio 5,000 Extended Battery Released

OP drearg

17th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnowornever

Can you post a link to the battery you are talking about?


This is the link to the ebay auction I bought through:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160741033471...84.m1497.l2649

In case that doesn't work for you, the name listed on the battery is "Ferocity", but I don't see them selling for the Note right now. Search for "Ferocity" on ebay.

I don't know why they don't have any listed any more, but maybe you could email them.
17th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
So many questions have been asked about carrying multiple batteries and having a massive charger and just carrying 3 batteries around with you and why people dont want to do that.

I have several reasons why the Seido battery is appealing as opposed to carrying multiple batteries.

1. Who exactly wants to carry multiple batteries with them? Given the option, Ill pass.

2. You should see what it looks like when I come home. I have a bluetooth fm transmitter, a cell phone, an ipad and a gps that all have to be plugged in to charge for the next work day. I really dont want to add to this list.

3. Given the option, I dont have the time to power down my phone, futs around with the back of the Note to pull and replace the battery with a replacement. This is a silly waste of time (at least 2 minutes for me each battery change, likely closer to 3 or 4 minutes).



I had a tumor Seido on my Captivate and it was just fine. In fact, it made the phone easier to hold. I dont know about the Note yet because I havent yet ordered a Seido for it but my guess is that it will make the note easier as well, especially since I have a tendency to hold the phone near the top around the edges, constantly turning the screen on/off or changing the volume. With the Seido on the Cappy, I could easily grip it from the battery casing rather than holding on to the edges of the phone.

I also think its worth mentioning, since the original back of the Note is just flimsy plastic now, that is something I wont miss. The Captivate on the other hand, I really liked the metallic backing it originally came with and was sad (one negative with the Seido) that the backing they provided was just a plastic with a rubbery coating.

I dont have problems with battery life on my Note, I usually come home after 10 hours with 60-65% battery left, which is plenty enough for me to feel comfortable about (stock, never been rooted, OEM battery). The only reason I ordered an extended battery for my Captivate was that it would nearly be dead after 10 hours with around 15% battery and if I should have any problems with my car or some other problem arose, I didnt feel like this was enough to deal with a potential emergency, should one arise.

Seido is basically doubling the battery life on the Note for that size so if you are going thru more than 2 batteries in a day, this thing wont solve your battery swapping nightmare. Most likely, they will come out with a 6000 mah battery at some point, they continued to upgrade the Captivate battery from 3000 to 3600 (I had the 3600).

The one thing I can say about Seido batteries, you get what you pay for. These things arent like the $10-$20 ones you see on Amazon claiming to be extended batteries but perform as good as the OEm (or less than as good). They are also very good quality batteries, I used my Seido for a year and a half and then passed it on to my dad who is currently still using it on his Captivate and its working well for him. Hes happy, no more carrying and swapping two batteries, nor does he have to worry about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to littlewierdo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I bought a Samsung battery charger/dock and a OEM Samsung battery for $29.00 on Amazon. All original Samsung. Takes 15 seconds to swap out the battery. WHy spend $79 for this ugly battery?

And I carry 1 spare battery with me in my Wallet when I go out. Really adds no bulk. Certainly not enough for someone to talk about how inconvenient it is to carry one around.
That argument doesn't hold water at all.
Last edited by lindenhurst; 24th April 2012 at 02:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lindenhurst For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenhurst

Takes 15 seconds to swap out the battery.

And I carry 1 spare battery with me in my Wallet when I go out. Really adds no bulk. Certainly not enough for someone to talk about how inconvenient it is to carry one around.
That argument doesn't hold water at all.


Show us that it takes 15 seconds...From start to finish. That includes the time you start to take it out of your wallet, to the time you are able to use the phone again.

I know you say "15 seconds to swap out the battery", and that part of the swap is probably close, but to me, that is not the whole picture. I still don't think you can even just change the battery in 15 seconds though, so I still ask you to show me that you can. I tried....numerous times, but the closest I could get was about 30 seconds. The longest part was getting all of the tabs snapped back down for the battery cover, and still found I would always miss one. That alone usually took about 15 seconds to get done right.

But realistically, some of us look at the time involved with just getting prepared to change the battery out, and then the time to boot back into a usable mode, and then putting the old battery away, so that you don't get it mixed up with your other good spare battery, then the time involved when you get home and have to remember to put those dead batteries on the charger again.

What happens the night when I forget to put my spare batteries on the charger??? What if I leave the house without my spare batteries??? I guess I am just out of luck the next day when my main battery gets weak.

I always remember to plug my phone in at night beside of the bed, because that is what I have done with all of my phones for 15+ years. It has become something automatic to me every night now. With the extended battery, I only have to remember to plug one thing in, and don't have to worry about extra batteries at all.

I think my argument holds a lot of water, until you can prove otherwise in a real world situation, from start to finish.
24th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #25  
iakeco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 102
 
650 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crokaine

lmao!
I would love this battery. The only reason I havent purchased it yet is because I cant find a damned case that will accommodate it. I could give 2 ****s about NFC or the size of my phone (in fact i have always used extended batteries and I think it makes me drop them less). Does anybody know whether there is a case for our ATT version that fits around the camels hump?

You can buy a back pack to carry it in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
24th April 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 9
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenhurst

I bought a Samsung battery charger/dock and a OEM Samsung battery for $29.00 on Amazon. All original Samsung. Takes 15 seconds to swap out the battery. WHy spend $79 for this ugly battery?

And I carry 1 spare battery with me in my Wallet when I go out. Really adds no bulk. Certainly not enough for someone to talk about how inconvenient it is to carry one around.
That argument doesn't hold water at all.

Really? And this includes taking off the case? I have a speck and a regent case and BOTH take about 30 seconds to a minute of taking off...and the Speck...well, I'm always afraid I'll break the phone since that thing is so snug.
25th April 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Well if you are planning on using this battery, you won't be using a case anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
25th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgh0wnz

Well if you are planning on using this battery, you won't be using a case anyways

I agree that you can't use a FULL case, but you can use a few of the "bumper" style cases. Do a search on ebay for "i717 bumper", and you will see a few different ones.

I'm just making sure that people know there is an option for *some* protection if you decide to get one of these extended batteries. Not trying to convince anyone that the extended battery is better, just that there is an option.

The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyThumper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes